icon

2003 yukon wierd compustar alarm troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ThaScarecrow 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
installed a compustar alarm and starter in my 03 yukon using dei 457gw module. Remote start works fine but the alarm portion is doing some really odd things:
1. I can't program my one way remote, turn ignition on and off five times, listen from relays and press button 1 on 2 way, learns that fine, press button 1 on 1 way and nada.
2. door triggers and shock sensor don't work, have verified that the (-) door trigger is connected to the correct lead at the dei module, shock sensor has power, can see LED light when shock is detected but alarm does not respond.
3. a few seconds after arming the alarm the LED indicator goes to solid blue, at this point the alarm stops responding to the remote. to fix I must unlock the doors with my factory remote (alarm does not sound) and turn the ignition to the on postion, after I do that the remote starts working again! I can then disarm the alarm and start my truck.
I've double checked connections with dmm and can't find any incorrect connections that I've made. This behavior has me very confused. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. :(
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
valet
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
ThaScarecrow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
No, unfortunately it's not that. That wouldn't explain number 3 either. :( Any other ideas?
ThaScarecrow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Found out why the door trigger isn't working, from some other posts I found that you need to hook a + domelight wire up to the grey/black on the 457gw. I'll do that today. But, I don't think that would explain why the remote is acting wierd and why the shock sensor doesn't work.
Anyone?
ThaScarecrow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
BUMP! Still having troubles.
Haven't been able to find a positive domelight wire yet but I doubt that the dorr trigger is causing the main problem. Which is, when I arm the alarm normally the status LED flashes a few times then stays solid, after that the only way I can get communication back is to turn the key to the on position. After that the LED goes backed to flashing and I am able to disarm the alarm and start the truck.
If I leave the key in the on position the alarm functions normally!
Remote start works, just not when it's in the no communiction mode.
I've triple checked my connections but will go over them again tomorrow.
ThaScarecrow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
found the wierd problem, brain was defective. Tried the CM3000 out of my car and it worked, went back to the place I bought it from and got a new brain.
tapped into grey/black going up to the dome light on the driver side between the doors. this is a positive trigger that goes to the DEI 457GW to make your negative door trigger from the module work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic