will it work, dei 555g in a 2006 Chevy Up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pwrstrke73 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

I have a DEI 562t installed in a 2006 Chevy Uplander. I am trying to

bypass the PK3.  I am trying to use the DEI 555g to bypass it.

The instructions say to hook up to a purple wire on the pk3 module at the key cylinder.

I don't have a purple wire. I have 3 wires coming from it. Pink, Orange and black w/ white stripe.

I believe the pink is the ignition feed. Can I hook the data wire on the 555g to one of the other two?

Is there another wire somewhere that I can hook it to?

Any experts out there that can help --- Thanks

Mike

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

directed states that you must use a 556uw universal transpoder bypass module.  I dont think that the 555G will work for that truck.

NOTE:  the 556uw requires an extra factory starting key

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
I am a strong proponent of DEI products, however this vehicle made me open my eyes to using the bypasskit.com (Omega/Fortin/etc.) products. I used the 556U in both a 2005 Chevy Uplander and 2005 Saturn Relay. Both of the vehicles using the 556U caused the service theft system indicator to display in the driver's information center. I would reset it, relocate the ring of the U and test it, all was fine, for a few days but both vehicle owners would call and say that the indicator kept coming on. I tought the owners of the vehicles how to get the warning to go off (ignition cycle 7 times), but the warning returning randomly was not acceptable. The DEI sheet only lists the U as the option for this vehicle's bypass. I started doing some research and found the GMBP piece, ordered two of them, asked them to bring their cars back, installed the GMBP and have not had a single problem since. Both of these vehicles were done in September of last year, so they went the entire winter without issue. I strongly recommend the bypasskit.com piece for these vans!
Just my 2 Cents
pwrstrke73 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone else know what the other two wires from the PK3 module are for?

Orange and Black w/white stripe --

Is it possible to hook it to the purple wire at pin 2 of the OBDII connector

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic