icon

car alarm with door lock opt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
headthumper 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone heard of inwells car security systems?  I am installing one in 1997 Honda Civic and am having trouble with some of the wiring with the directions. They are very vague. Anyone who might have some information for this brand of system would be greatly appreciated.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
what do the instructions say?
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
headthumper 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
 The directions are pretty good but there are six wires that I am wondering about. They say NO, C, NC, No1, C1, Nc1 and by them it says layout graph of central control lock. The rest of the wiring diagram tells what the rest of the wires are for and what they do but these six just say that and don't tell whether they are inputs, outputs, or whatever. I have checked with a multimeter when I hit the lock button to see if any of them output a ground or voltage and none do so I was confused as to how exactly they should work.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
The 97 Civic uses a negative pulse for lock and unlock. Your system has internal relays which will not show any outpus on these wires until you provide the relays with what is needed. Determine which is lock and which is unlock on your system and wire it like this:
C (Common) = Ground
NO (Normally Open) = Output to vehicle
NC (Normally Closed) = No Connection
C1 (Common) = Ground
NO1 (Normally Open) = Output to vehicle
NC1 (Normally Closed) = No Connection
One of these outputs either NO or NO1 is going to be lock and the other is going to be unlock. If you can scan the manual and post it here someone might be able to determine which is which.
Hope this helps.
headthumper 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Twelvoltz,

Thanks for the information. It worked perfectly hooking it up the way that you told me. I sure appreciate your help. I did come across two other wires that I'm not sure if they work for this system or vehicle or not. One is a negative trunk output. The vehicle does not have an electric trunk release so is this wire just for that purpose?  The other wire says auxiliary window negative. I was also wondering if you know where and if this one needs to be hooked up. Everything else works good on the system.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
This sounds as if the system offers 2 auxillary channel outputs, to control things like trunk release,window roll ups, or other accessories. These are not mandatory connections.
headthumper 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

Ok thanks. I'll just leave them unhooked then. Thanks again for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic