icon

1998 Dodge Caravan, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote start car alarm and I am to the point where I am trying to find the door lock/unlock wire in the the drivers kick panel. I can't find the WHITE/ DK Green wire.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
|       POWER LOCK|WHITE/ green        |*2 |left plug at bottom of fuse |
|     POWER UNLOCK|same wire           |*2 |box under cover (1 of 3)    |
*2 Use relays and set up for negative trigger. Place a 4020 ohm resistor inline on the lock output, and a 665 ohm resistor inline on the unlock output. If you do not have a factory security system use a 1500 ohm for lock and a 250 ohm for unlock.
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
on most of the one i've done there is a bcm box on the firewall inside the vehicle and the wire is there. look on one of the bottom plugs and you should be able to find it. good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I posted earlier about a problem and got the answer to that question. Now I have another problem, actually 2. I am installing a Crimestopper Security remote start on a 1998 Dodge Caravan and the first question is about the other question I asked earlier. The question I asked earlier was about where the door lock wire was. Thanks to the answers I recieved, I found it. Now, I can't get it to work with the alarm. I can make it work with a test wire that I made with the proper resistors in place but can't get them to work when I install them on the van. The alarm is a CS-2016FM. I am to connect the blue wire to unlock with a 4020Ohm resistor and the green wire to the same wire with a 665Ohm resistor. Both can be within10% of that number and I am within the 10% with 4000 and 680. Like I said ealier this works with my test wire but not when I actually wire up the alarm. The second question I have is the wire to disarm the factory alarm doesn't disarm when remote started. Is there something I can check? The wire on the alarm is ORANGE / Black and the wire to disarm the factory alarm is WHITE/ Red at the BCM. Is there something I missed? I just read what I typed. I wrote that backwards. The blue wire with the 665Ohm resistor is the unlock and the Green wire with the 4000 Ohm is the lock. That is how it is wired.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Would this work or be worth trying? The 3 pin Red wire is 12V from the alarm for relays.
1998 Dodge Caravan, alarm/remote start -- posted image.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
That worked!
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I hit the post reply to quick. It worked for the door locks. I'm still needing help with the alarm disarm. I'm going to try the same thing for that.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

You probably need a stronger Ground Pulse on your Lock & Unlock.  You will have to use 2 Relays.

OMEGA makes a Dual Relay Pack that has the Resistors Built in. Omega # DLR-U

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
That didn't work for the factory alarm disarm. I have the alarm wire wired to the wire harness on the van to the WHITE/ Red at the BCM. Is that the correct wire? That is the one I am told to use on the wiring diagram. I have already found one wrong wire on the disc but it was corrected on the web. I just went and looked at my diagram on the disc and on the web. They both show a different wire for the factory alarm disarm. I am starting to loose faith in that disc I bought.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have found 4 different wiring digrams for the same vehicle. All on this forum and my disc. I bought the disc from www.12voltresource.com and I don't  know which one is the correct one. I know that the one on the disc doesn't work but going like that will not work. If I just go into the wire harness trying wires till something works will end up frying something. Does anyone actually know what wire is for the factory alarm disarm? And will I need a relay or not?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic