icon

i need an amp bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
et3rnal 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

ok i am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff... i just recently bought 2 audiobahn 1206t's and i need a quailty amp that will put a decent amount of power into these subs for around $200. i know these are over rated subs but i know they can still push a good amount of wattage.. so can someone help me find a good amp that will push a good amount of watts into each of my 2 subs for cheap.. thanks

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
do you care about warranty ? www.ikesound.com has some cheap amps.  i would recommend listening to as many amps as you can ,at local shops before you buy. with one of your CDs .
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

ok thanks i am trying to buy the perfect amp to make these sounds as good as possible.. but i have no money lol imagine that

et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

what would fit me best a mono or 2 ch amp ? and what should i try running these subs at?

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
"quality", "decent" and "power" don't add up to $200.  At least not easily.  Like Blowntweeters said, you'll be looking through the bargain basements or fleabay.  Those are SVC 4 ohm subs, right?  Wired in parallel for 2 ohms, look for a mono amp.  Did you buy these preloaded in a box, or are you building one?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
im bought a Q power bandpass ported encloser.there are alot of amps that say they put out alot of power for really cheap but they are really crap.. i just want something thats goin to make these subs sound as good as they can.. but ya i was leaning towards the mono amps i just dont know what a good brand is and what watts at what number ohms i should be lookin for..
stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

You bought a bad box, sorry to say.  There won't be any "sounding good" with a bandpass.  But you can make changes.  Look at the sub literature and make sure each one is a single voice coil 4 ohm.  Look at woofer wiring at the left side of this page to find a wiring diagram to make the total load 2 ohms.  After verifying that, look for a mono amp that will output about 600 to 800 watts into 2 ohms.

Trade that bandpass box for a vented box, if you can find one that allows for what you need to do.  Or find someone who can build it for you.  Build the box to 1.75 total interior cubic feet.  Insert a round PVC tube that is 4"  (inside) diameter and 17" long.  Mount the subs into the box and you will end up with a net airspace of approx. 1.38 cu. ft.  Small box, long port, but that is what this particular sub should have.  This will probably give you best sound quality.  Box tuning frequency will be 35 Hz.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

i think those are dvc 4ohms and rated like 1000 watts rms . overrated but still.if your budgets that tight. go with somthing middle  on quality and higher on power.this would fit the bill. http://www.ikesound.com/product_id/3775  but is twice what you want to spend. please give the specs for the subs

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
stevdart 
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Two dual 4's puts you in a tougher spot trying to get an amp at a low price like that.  And what I said about that box.  Use a good solid, braced 3/4" MDF enclosure.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic