icon

i need an amp bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
et3rnal 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

this is what im confused about if i find a amp that pushes 800w at 2 ohms does that mean my subs will only be gettin 400 watts a piece.. and if so would that be enough or should i try to find sometihng that puts about 600 or 800 per sub..  and do u think these is a good amp or could i find a better one for the price http://www.caraudiodeals.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_29&products_id=609 

thanks

saturnsubohio 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
that amp is mono, and it means that your subs will indeed be getting 400 watts a piece. this is due to voltage division amongst the subs.
it will depend how much you want to spend.. i personally try to stay away from all things audiobahn if possible. but thats just me.
however you will be wiring your subs @ 2ohms so you will be putting 1600W through thme or 800 watts a piece.. assuming a 100% efficient amp which doesnt exist
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
ya well thanks for explaining all this too me lol.. hopefully i can get everything together and it works out good..
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
If you manage to get a true 400 watts to each sub in a good vented box...believe me it will be loud.  You can pretend it's 1600 watts.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

i tryed to post a reply the other night it didnt work. that audiobahn amp will not work well with those subs at all  !!! those are dual 4 ohm subs with a mono amp you will get a 4 or 1 ohm load . i would recommend a slot ported box  or sealed. and get an amp that puts out 600 to 1000 watts rms @ 1 ohm or at 4 ohms.

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

i recently just bought 2 audiobahn 1206t's that supposly RMS at 1100 each lol.. but i got them in a vented mdf box in the back of my explorer and i was just wondering if this amp even though not super powerful, would make this subs loud.. i have a power acoustik amp on them now but its from my old set up and i need something better.. i want these subs to be heard from as far as possible lol.. ( just like everyone ) so would this put enough juice into these.. and if soo how should i wire them..

my subs---- http://www.caraudiodeals.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=28

THE AMP----- http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Productid=12086

radiofreak88 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

usually you want 70 % of your subs rms rating for a decent amp but i always feel that when you want it loud too much is never enough ex. your subs suposebly rms @ 1100 watts each just saying for a moment they are single voice coil i would say to get an amp with at least 2500 watts rms thats a 2 channel amp. over kill yeah maybe but if your amp doesn't break a sweat trying to power your subs and your subs are performing with all the power they were made for then you can't go wrong!!!! play it loud !!!!

rattles suck lets hear your system
et3rnal 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
ya that would be nice but see gettin an amp that has that much power and is still an actual good amp lol... is goin to be a doodie load.. i mean do u think that amp since its pure clean wattage would sound really good ?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

Nope. Totally wrong amp to look at. Considering that Audioburn overrates their subs by a country mile, find youself a mono class D amp that is designed and engineered to operate at 1 ohm. Powerwise, anything from 800w rms at 1 ohm up to 1500w rms at 1 ohm should suffice. Good clean reliable cheap power, look at Concept for the CD1210 amp, should be close to your price range.

Here is the wiring diagram for your subs to a 1 ohm mono amp.

Option 1 (parallel/parallel) = 1 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 1 ohm mono
i need an amp bad - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic