icon

Clifford 700-IQ Trunk Open Relay Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jediplay 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

I need some help with relay configuration for my Clifford 700-IQ sereies alarm installed on 97 Honda Accord. When i had this alarm installed, I had an optional trunk release installed. The car was stolen last year and crooks cut the wires and also removed relay from alarm system. I had reconnected all the wires and purchased a relay to plug it back in. Everything works except trunk release. I have four wires for relay but no matter what I try, it seems not working. I have 2 wires with +12V, one wire to the trunk release, and one signal wire from alarm module with very low output (20 mV). It seems to trigger when I press channel 2 button so I guess it is working correctly. It is disabled when key is turned to ignition so that portion is okay as well.

85 - Alarm signal

30- 12V

87 -Trunk release

86 - 12V

My question is do I need another relay for this output to pull it to ground? Only way to pop the trunk is to ground 85 with above configuration. Since Alarm signal isn't pulling to ground, is my assumption correct?

Thanks in advance for any input.

joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
have you checked the connector that the wire goes into the relay from the alarm is good, could be too much resistance resulting in not enough power to energize the relay as you said the relay was puled out the connector could be no good. or the other way round it is use another output and asign the output to the trunk release button on your remote.
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic