icon

Infinity Kappas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rob422 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1996 Buick Lesabre and am putting a system in it. I already decieded on a Alpine CDA-9857 headunit but need help picking out speakers and woofers.  I was looking at Infinity Kappas 50.7CS, that way the 5.25 will fit right into each door, I will mount the tweeters somewhere else(on dash?). I can get two pairs for $312 shipped brand new on ebay and put two Infinity Kappa A 693.7I's in the rear deck($150 for pair). I still need to pick out subs but what do you guys think so far?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Separating the woofers and tweeters like that (woofers in door and tweeters in dash) can cause imaging and time alignment issues.  Mount the tweeters in the doors close to the woofers if possible.  And if you're planning to spend that much money, I highly recommend checking on deals at your friendly neighborhood car audio shops and not buying off FleaBay.  Infinity Kappas -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
rob422 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply.  I just noticed I do have tweeters in the doors so i will mount the new tweeters right in the door.  And what do you suggest for subs and amps?
danny boy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
infinity amps are the go while subs is up to u i personaly have 2 type s alpines running of a infinity amp and it goes off while its not even tuned properly yet...
crzyvs
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
There are plenty of good subs and amps, but since your already getting a good brand why not stick with it? Infinity makes good everything IMO. You shouldn't be dissapointed with their subs or amps...
Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
rob422 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I guess I will just get everything infinity.  How many amps am I going to need.  I know the subs will get there own amp but as for the the 2 sets of Infinity Kappa 50.7CS's and two Kappa A 693.7I's, how should I connect these up and which infinity amp should I get?  Thanks a lot.  
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
i would't put the seperates in the rear doors. kind of a waste of money and what kind of music do you listen to? do you want something loud? wanna show off a little? are u realy into perfect fidelity? do you want to rattle windows? etc. the kappas are great spks but don't like to be whupped on. 
I can eat fifty eggs
tophatjimmy 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Remember also that the Kappa series is 2 ohm, as opposed to the standard 4 ohm. That might make a difference when selecting amplifiers.

I can personally vouch for the Kappas being tough though... i have the 60.7cs 6.5" components in the doors of my Camaro powered by the front channels of an Arc Audio cxlr-4150 and at 2 ohms they're getting approx. 160 watts each and they DIG it!

rob422 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

gregory863 wrote:
i would't put the seperates in the rear doors. kind of a waste of money and what kind of music do you listen to? do you want something loud? wanna show off a little? are u realy into perfect fidelity? do you want to rattle windows? etc. the kappas are great spks but don't like to be whupped on. 

I am putting the components in the 2 front doors and the 6x9's in the rear deck.  Where else could I put them?

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
<3 infinity. I have had the same set of infinity speakers in a sporty S10, and My Blazer. And I have infinity reference in our junk F150 pickup. And I love them. I may not be the biggest audiophile here, But i recognize good sound when I hear it.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic