icon

Acura 2002 RSX Remote Key Prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hi. I just got my 2002 Acura RSX and I have a problem with its keyless remote key. The remote can't lock or unlock the doors, I had already tried to replace the remote's battery but nothing happened. Does anybody know how to re-program this remote? Thanks.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
TRY THIS. ITS BEEN USED FOR ACURA 96-98RL AND 02TL, MIGHT WORK FOR RSX.
Notes: 1) Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all the transmitters once you’re in programming mode. The system accepts up to three transmitters.
2) To keep the system from exiting the programming mode, complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step, and program the transmitters within 10 seconds of each other.
Steps:
1) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll)
2) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on one of the transmitters. (A non-programmed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3) Turn the ignition switch OFF (0).
4) Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times with the transmitter used in step 2.
5) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll).
6) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the same transmitter. Check that the power door locks cycle to confirm that you are in the programming mode.
7) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on each transmitter. (You can program up to four transmitter per vehicle.) Check that the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button, confirming that the system has accepted the transmitter’s code.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
or this one:
1. Turn on your ignition until the dash lights light up (do not start your car).
2. Then press any button on the remote 4 TIMES.
3. Turn to off position (do not remove key).
REPEAT 4 TIMES
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot. I will post back what happens.
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I had followed the instructions and by the 4th cycle the door lock "clicked", but it was only the back door the clicked not the 2 side doors. After that I had turn it off and open the door and close it and started the car. Turned it off and tried to use the remote, it did not do anything, even the back door did not react.
There was also an instance that the red led light on the front panel started blinking and when I used the main key to open the door, the alarm went off. I tried to use the remote but did not work, turned on the engine, nothing happend, the horn continued to honk endlessly. How do you turn off the alarm manually if the remote does not work? What could be wrong? Remote? Alarm system? This alarm really disappoints me. :(
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
The 4times click after ON did not work. After following the 1st instructions and after the door latched I pressed the remote 2 more times and the door latch again. This time I can lock and unlock the door. The problem that I can now is the both side doors did not react. And also after locking it and the lights blinked once only the anti theft light on the radio is lit, nothing on the front panel. what could be wrong? thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic