icon

Mobile video advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3boysdadee 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  

I've finally decided to tackle the installation of a mobile video on my new Acura MDX.  Purchased MTV-DVD360A dvd player, 2 NESA 7" monitors and a wireless headphones.   Since I'm new at this and the dvd player did not come with any user or installation manuals, I'm seeking installation help from this forum.  Where can I get the 12V power source other than connecting directly to the battery terminal?   Should I use a fused power distribution box to power up all the main parts?   Should I purchase a cigarette lighter plug for easy 12V power source?   Can I connect all the ground wires together?   The DVD player has 2 A/V output, would I need a "Y" video connector for the 2 monitors or hook each of them directly?  Any installation advice would greatly be appreciated.  

slowfire01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
sup bro, first off no you can't use a y adapter because you need a signal amp, i have two and am running 8 monitors, as for the power you would get a add a circuit at the local parts store for 8 bucks and wire a toggle in case you get pulled over for the cheap route or do like i did and get a tidd-10 from phoenix gold for 250.00 and get remote on's and power as well as ground for 10 circuits, it works good for the tv's guages and other accessories and fuses everything as well as the remote on's! granted i wouldn't have used it or bought it but george at phoenix gold sponsored me on it and a couple other phoenix gold things, and yes connecting all the grounds together would be preffered!! don't use a cigarette lighter it looks cheap and youll reinstall it later anyway!!
jason (MECP Certified installer)
intersts provoke installs
3boysdadee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks brah.  I think I'll go that route.   Should I go directly to the batter or the fuse box to get the 12V supply?  Or tap in on a power source?  If in the fuse box, which accesories to tap on to?  

slowfire01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
tap a remote wire ( a accessory that comes on with the car, but not something critcal like a ignition fuse , use like the radio fuse 10a or a higher amperage if you will use the item more like the windshield wipers 25a and have a extra fuse or two in case.
intersts provoke installs
3boysdadee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Wha's t the  yellow +12V Memory  wire for? And do I need connect this wire?

Thanks again in advance.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic