icon

Door Locks Not Responding to Remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hi. I had tried my remote and it's working since I can lock/unlock the hatch. My problem is, the side doors does not lock/unlock. Even if I use the main lock switch by the driver and passenger's door only the hatch locks/unlocks not any of the side doors. If I manually push down the lock on the driver's door I can hear the hatch door lock. How can I trouble shoot this? Could it be that there was a fuse for the door lock motors that blew? Disconnected? Factory alarm malfunctioning? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks. :(
dskemaite 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
sound like the motor is bad
eddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Vehicle make model year? Any aftermarket add ons ie remote start---alarm---keyless entry?
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Acura 2002 RSX. Stock radio, aftermarket sub ( I don't know how it is wired since I just got the car a few days ago ). I don't know what happened with the alarm, the previous owner said it was already like it is now when she got it. Is there a few that controls the door locks' motors? Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
If it has an aftermarket alarm then yes they have tied into the factory locking system. From what I see they are negative trigger, so it should not be in series with factory locking system. I would suggest taking it to a install shop and have them check it out.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
open the drivers door and check the motor. see if it is getting possitive and ground. on a 2 wire system it will show possitive on one wire ground on other when you push one direction and vise versa when you push the other direction. if your getting the signals than your motor is bad if your not than your lock unlock module is bad. this can someimtes be found in the drivers door hit the button and listen for clicking. you siad your hatch works so you should hear clicking. find out where it is comming from. if you dont get signal at your motor in the door than more than likely the relays inside factory unit are bad. either buy a new unit at around 110 new, get one at junk yard, or wire relays. however if you wire relays i am sure there will be something you will lose.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot Jon. I will check my lock motors if that is really the problem. I will post back the results.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic