icon

Guess who caught a thief?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forklift 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
watch your back man, he knows where you work!
hoping I pass the 1st class for the first time on 5-18-6, wish me luck!
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  
I dont think I would of done the same. You never know what the person has on them and most likely a thief will carry a weapon. Its like catching somebody breaking into your car late at night. Do you run out and tackle them........run out and try scaring them away.........or call the cops? Its a hard situation.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

godd dan it wrote:
I dont think I would of done the same. You never know what the person has on them and most likely a thief will carry a weapon. Its like catching somebody breaking into your car late at night. Do you run out and tackle them........run out and try scaring them away.........or call the cops? Its a hard situation.

Its called "open front door w/ M4A3 carbine and M6 laser/tac light, wrap one into the tube and demand they get on the ground before you air em out!....LOL....or just say HEY and snap a nice pic of em w/ the digi camGuess who caught a thief? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Forbidden, good job taking that ***clown off the street. Says alot about your character to chase em down and incapicitate him untill the police arrived. Kudos!

rtfm
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

So, you took down a guy who was trying to rob a CD player from a guy you sold the CD player to and your name happens to be Rob, who stopped a robber?Guess who caught a thief? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Cool coincedence, lol

spookiestylez wrote:
Its called "open front door w/ M4A3 carbine and M6 laser/tac light, wrap one into the tube and demand they get on the ground before you air em out!....

I wish we could do that in California, legally anyway.  I am sure people have that and more somewhere throughout this state.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Melted Fabric wrote:

So, you took down a guy who was trying to rob a CD player from a guy you sold the CD player to and your name happens to be Rob, who stopped a robber?Guess who caught a thief? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Cool coincedence, lol

spookiestylez wrote:
Its called "open front door w/ M4A3 carbine and M6 laser/tac light, wrap one into the tube and demand they get on the ground before you air em out!....

I wish we could do that in California, legally anyway.  I am sure people have that and more somewhere throughout this state.

Virginia has the best gun laws, we just get raped on taxesGuess who caught a thief? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

rtfm
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
At no point in time did I want to hurt this person, I should have made that clear. All I wanted to do was restrain him and prevent myself from being hurt. When he decided to struggle and fight (and fight dirty as he went for my nuts, then throat and finally my eyes), it was only then that I used enough force to incapacitate him. Nobody should openly be looking to cause another person harm in any circumstance.

Fight dirty?... and you are looking to become law enforcement? Around here, the LEO definition of a fair fight is that they get to go home after the job's over. One of the basic tenets of law enforcement is 'Peace through overwhelming odds'.. ie; having the suspect *know*, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that _they_will_lose_. Period. And even then, you run into some that just do not care.

Yeah, your first mistake was giving the guy his feet back. Might I suggest next time you zip tie his wrists and ankles before you get off. The guy pulled a knife on you..he was willing to escalate this to assault with a deadly weapon with intent. what if he had a second one? and decided instead of grabbing your shorts he decided to stab you?

Jim

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Well, considering that I had padded him down for any more weapons and I was in complete control over him, I was fairly safe for that part. I had his arms pressed behind his back and locked, I got to close and had to let his arms go. He had zero chance to do anything as I had him pressed against a vehicle trunk. When he decided to grab my shorts, I had to let him go. All I did was pick him up by the arms and throw him to the ground with me on top of him. It took me literally 3 seconds to break his hold. When he continued to struggle it was then that I applied enough force to incapacitate him. I know what I would do different next time, that's for sure.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
placebo-pete 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

Maximum respect forbidden for taking down that scum i'm just new to the country after living in England and then Ireland

And I don't really know what to expect in terms of thievery and the whole car audio scene, in general is there a lot of car audio theft here in Canada?  Because i know in Ireland I could park up and leave my car unlocked just about anywhere and the radio would still be in it when I got back

Or is that just Irish Naievety on my partGuess who caught a thief? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Placebo-Pete

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic