the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

shattering point

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
That's nice, but who is "sugarbailey"?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

I have not seen a window shatter from spl yet. I have a few customers that claim it blew out every window in the vehicle and they lived to tell about 100% usda b.s. I have seen windows flexing which is pretty cool. I would be intrested in seeing a window shatter though, so if anybody has pic or clips post'em up.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
sugarbailey, is my girlfriend......I might have some vids of when the window spidered during some testing runs after finals.
we had small chip in the window before USACi finals, after finals it was cracked across the windshiled.
one nice winter day I decided to crank it up on the road, and that was a mistake..it spidered all the way across.
OUr civic has factory glass all around and it has flexed like crazy but not given out at over 153db
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
ottomatic481 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
A good freind of mine had 4, 12" JL's in his chevy s10, and pulling out of a gas station, he turned it up and shattered his back winsheild.. later that month he fixed his window and went to an audio comp and hit at 198, but when the windsheild broke, he was only three quaters.. so maybe 170??
4 12's in a single cab f-150... yeah its nasty
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
198 what?
Shaking The Neighborhood
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

Aruman wrote:
198 what?

198 mega-zillion-SPL's baybeee!

The most I ever saw happen was a guy pop the rear window out of his Beetle, which slid down the back and shattered on the concrete.  149.9db exceeded the pressure rating of the OEM window gasket, apparently.

Support the12volt.com
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

ottomatic481 wrote:
A good freind of mine had 4, 12" JL's in his chevy s10, and pulling out of a gas station, he turned it up and shattered his back winsheild.. later that month he fixed his window and went to an audio comp and hit at 198, but when the windsheild broke, he was only three quaters.. so maybe 170??

Before anyone else lashes out at you, you might want to rethink of posting this sort of stuff. To my knowledge (and I don't do comps and generally don't care about the numbers), there is no one in the world who has legitimately done anything of that magnitude. Be honest when you post, and you'll get more help and responses. If you're dishonest...well, don't be surprised if you get ignored. shattering point - Page 2 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

"198" shattering point - Page 2 -- posted image.. Are you sure they weren't audiobahns. Ha hA.  I think you should consider re-hab if you believe these numbers to be true.......................

luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Aruman wrote:
198 what?
Watts rms probably. shattering point - Page 2 -- posted image.
Oh and that video posted is friggin ridiculous. WOW.
Overcranked23 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
      yeah I was there When he Hit 198 Trilion DBs Me car was next to it and the sound waves Totaled my car! I think it was right after band camp LMAO!
don't fowl the track
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic