icon

Memphis 1000D/JL13w7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sopedish 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

I have a memphis 1000d RMS Power 4 Ohm 300X1,  2 Ohm 600X1, 1 Ohm 1100X1.  I'm thinking about getting a JL 13W7.  Will it be alright to push this sub with that amp?  Also should I wire it in parallel at .75 Ohms or in series at 3 Ohms.  Thanks!                             

saturnsubohio 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think the memphis amp would take kindly to .75Ohms from the sub, i think you would want to run it @ 3ohms but then you'd only be pushing like 450 Watts, You may want to reconsider what sub your going to be purchasing,
truthfully the 13.5W7 should be run off JL 1000/1 due to the impedance matching of that amp.
but if you must have a 13W7 then look for an amp that puts out ~ 1200 W @ 1ohm.. then run the sub @ 3ohms
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2006 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

saturnsubohio wrote:
I dont think the memphis amp would take kindly to .75Ohms from the sub, i think you would want to run it @ 3ohms but then you'd only be pushing like 450 Watts, You may want to reconsider what sub your going to be purchasing,
truthfully the 13.5W7 should be run off JL 1000/1 due to the impedance matching of that amp.
but if you must have a 13W7 then look for an amp that puts out ~ 1200 W @ 1ohm.. then run the sub @ 3ohms

Uhh, I don't understand this post.  That amp he mentioned pushes 1100 W @ 1 ohm which isn't far off 1200 W.  I think maybe you meant 1200 W at 2 ohms and then  run it at 3 ohms?  That would be the way to go in my opinion.  You also might be able to find a high-current amplifier that is stable to .75 ohms but that will put a big drain on your electrical system and amps that can handle that tend to cost more too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic