icon

Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Evidently .....the site doesn't like jpg? I wish they would put in edit ability geesh :( Well maybe one of the mod guys can fix it?
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
It likes jpg's when you include the extension ;) Your image has been fixed.
Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, once you become a standard member, you will be able to edit your posts.
Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hey that looks nice man, yea well another reason I had to do mine like that is because of the space I had to work with.  Wasnt a lot of it to work with haha.
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
oops lol thanks :)
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
mustangfoo wrote:
Hey that looks nice man, yea well another reason I had to do mine like that is because of the space I had to work with. Wasnt a lot of it to work with haha.
Trust me there isn't alot of space in a bug either and they don't look near as good in person as they do in the picture. If you could see the pic in full size you would see what I mean. I'm not much for patience and i don't have alot of skill with sandpaper much less any sanding tools lol. I'm going to carpet them though so no real sanding required.
ANyway like i said, not much for space. It looks like i have space but the way the dash leans out and at the height you sit in a bug, you could easily not see teh tweeter. So I had to pull it as far forward as I dare allow. I should have posted the other pic of the driver side. I don't have alot of foot clearance either for my clutch but it's enough if your conscious about it.
I thyink yours are off to a good start I'm just thinking you should try and see if there is a way to get that tweeter above the mid. If not well...then I suppose you do what you have to do or fiberglass door panels like you talked about. Somethign I might do myself /shrug we'll see :)
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
yea nah I dont even know if I am gonna do the other panel now I wanna do the door panels so bad. . . haha.  But either way I will finish this one.  I will post pics in a little bit.
mouglie 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
you should do the other panel...
I shall never outrun my guardian angel - again.
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

OK guys, the long awaited update pics! lol.  These are after 1 layer of bondo/resin mixture and sanded to 100 grit.  The pits that you see are not as bad as they actually look, the flash made them apear more, but still have yet to do a couple more bondo layers.

Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick - Page 4 -- posted image.

That is what I have so far.  I thought I was going to get farther, but have been so damn busy this week unexpectedly it is not even funny! *HAHA*

But besides that I have been trying to plan out on the door panels.  Has anybody done custom door panels before??

I want to know of how I could give mine strength on the back, and make them have curves like the new plastic panels, like in a newer mustang.

Here are some pictures so you can see how they look.

Passenger Side

To show how thick the panel is, it is thin.

How it looks in the back.

And this is the driver side.

Now I want to do something like this using the dirver side for an example.  Only piece really that I might want to keep on the panel is the Door opening handle.  Other than that I want to make it different, and pop out the window switches to put on the new panel to make it look like they were supposed to be there.

Thats what I have so far guys, what do you guys think about it all?  Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas on how to do these door panels.

aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a suggestion for doing something totally differant..I'm bored at work so forgive me.

I wish I had some pics to show but I can't draw to save my life. Anyway, you could maybe use chicken wire to form your curves of what you might want to do to your panels. I HIGHLY suggest getting a used driver and passanger door panel so you can mess it up without worry. You have alot of surface are to work with by the looks especially in the upper quadrants. How much room between the door and seat? Mine i have very ittle room unfortunatly. You could do some really radicul stuff/curves using some basic chicken wire.

Or you could hot glue some dowls and woof peices in certain places then wrap it with fleece and see what you get from it.

I know this didn't help much with an exact idea but least it gives you and idea on what to use. I am sure there are other stuff better suited for getting some curves. You might want to retain the door panels and cover them with glass to make one unit or you could just make a completely new panel out of glass. The choice is yours :)

1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic