Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

HAHA page 4 belongs to me. . . lolz

Hmm sounds interesting.  For some reason I cant remember exactly how much room between the door and seat are right now HAHA.  What I was thinking of SO far was to make a replica of the panel with the same type of wood, go figure I have a hardware store on the next block over on the corner closest to me Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick - Page 5 -- posted image., which allows me to walk whenever I need something.  Anywho, go down and pick a piece up there and cut it out to the same measurements of the original.  What I was looking at doing, although not sure if it would work in my case was somehow making a piece of wood(balsa???) that would go from where the original handle is and make it curve up toward the original door opener handle and at that far end make it curve into the door like a quarter circle or oval.  I definently need to make the panel bubble out somehow without (making it look like a mistake was made) where the plug is, other wise the window crank will be hitting the panel.  Where the holder that has papers in it, I want to remove that and put some components in its place.

OK not only what do you think about that idea, but also I was wondering if the following was possible?  Is there a way to use the original handle shape without incorporating the piece into the FG?  Or if I use that shape must I Fiberglass directly over that and use some adhesion promoter?  Correct me if I am wrong but that piece is wrapped in a plastic type vinyl.

Thanks guys.

aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
well you can tape up your entire door and fiberglass the entire panel. This would give you the exact shape and size of the panel...for the most part. Anything you didn't want you can remove by cutting it out as in the handle. Just lop it off or build on it which ever you decide to do. Fiberglass is relatively think so yo would for the most part get a pretty close replica of the door panel once you removed the first layer of glass. It will get stronger the more you add to it but will also get thicker soo...you could always pull that glass panel off and build it up from the back and then totally use it to replace your current panel. Hope this made some sense lol. I ramble a lot!
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic