the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Why does my battery really die?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
i feel for this guy, he is only messing with the gain because he is having issues. he is not lowering his gain to to silence his subs he is trying to test and set. but obviously he cant test and set if he is not getting possitive results. Pair corretly most people set there amps and 3/4 volume. he is saying he cant get that high or his battery goes dead..
now for info.
Upgrade ground from battery to chassis use like 0 guage or something. do the same from battery to alt and make sure you have a at least 0 guage wire going from battery to the amp.
check your ground on your amp as well make sure it is properly grounded to a clean area of metal and with your power i would say thru bolt it to the car. just because you have a 200 amp alt does not mean much. 200 amps could be its peak or when making it it could be a rounded up number from what the amp peaked out at. plus the 200 amps is only when driving at high rpm. when the motor is moving the fastest. but when it is at idle it may only thow out 100.
so for you there is a third factor there. check all your connections make sure they are sound and get a dry or gell cell battery.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
mtx9500man 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
Thats correct Jon. I went ahead and did a few upgrades and heres whats new.
MY UPDATE: I appreciate all the info that was sent. Heres I noticed my amps power light was dimming everytime there was bass also. I looked at my power and ground wire and the flip fuse box had an 80 amp switch while my amp requires 90 amps. I must have got so hot that it was melting the fuse box and it was sticking and wasnt fliping off. So I upgraded my wires first to 0/1 gauge and already my battery was lasting a lot longer and eventually didnt die on me anymore. I replaced my battery with a yellow top optima anyway and so far everything is running smooth. I still want to upgrade my terminals to 0 gauge as well but I have to save. I already want a 2nd Sub. Thanks again
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic