icon

Asianwolf 8000RS, 20 foot Max paging?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camarosource 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone here own any the Asianwolf 8000RS car alarm/remote start/paging system??
I have a bizzare problem with mine that no one seems to know what is causing this...
My alarm is absolutely AWESOME!! The RANGE (transmit) is INCREDIBLE! I can remote start, or arm/disarm the car from IN THE MALL!!
HOWEVER, the RECEIVING (paging) is VERY poor on mine. While the transmit of it COULD possibly be 1000 feet, the RECEIVING part is limited to like 20 feet (and directly in line with the car). Basically the PAGING system is utterly USELESS for me. This could be one or both of the following:
1. Alarm is poorly sending the signal to the remote
2. The REMOTE is VERY horrible at picking of the signal
I don't know what it is but my alarm installer is stumped. The antenna is set up on the driver side up on the windshield like said in the instructions.
I am wondering if this is the ALARM itself (sends great, but transmit HORRIBLY), or perhaps the remote itself is HORRIBLE?? We have re-programmed the remote already and didn't do anything.
Questions:
1. What is the MAX length you have been able to TRANSMIT a remote start/arm/disarm your Asianwolf 8000RS equiped car?
2. What is the MAX length you are you able to RECEIVE the paging signal? (if you are in the house and someone taps the car to set the "trigger" off, do you get paged? What about transmitting a CONFIRM, do you get the signal back saying the status from ANY distance?? (I'm limited to like 20 feet in line with car)
Thanks SO much!
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried calling Asianwolf themselves?
"ole blake"
camarosource 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I will tomorrow but I HIGHLY DOUBT they will do anything to help. They are a bunch of idiots who cost me SO much money because THEY put the wrong parts, broken, and missed items. Said they would pay shipping if I paid to send there, and ended up CODing it $80 to me!
They are VERY Immature, disrespectful to their customers and even chewed gum on the phone while taking my order (I do not call that BUSINESS-like), nor hearing dogs and dishes being washed in the background..
As a result, I would like to get this fixed without them.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.I'll make sure to stay far way from them..Sounds ot me like it's a outgoing signal problem.Could have something to do with how the brain transmits differently from recieving..It might be a design flaw or an antenna problem.Maybe the antenna is to close to the top of the car.(Could be roof interference)Try moving the antenna to the middle of the windshield,but down from the headliner a lil bit
"ole blake"
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I had a similar problem with them recently,They agreed to take back the unit I bought to repair it ,But I had to pay $25.00 for shipping.They fail to tell you if you buy from them and you do installs in your garage that there is no warranty.E-Bay kicked them off for a while,I think it was for mis-leading auctions.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Damn shame what people do just to make that extra buck.You would think that if they ran they're business right and fully inform customers,that they would make more money instead of treating customers like crap and losing money..
"ole blake"
camarosource 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
just WAIT till you see what I had wrote about what they did to me...
WELL.. I WOULD have posted the link however they decided to edit my post and make it like I was CREDITED THEM!
THIS is what they changed my post to:
http://www.alarmforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18
And THIS is what I wrote:
BEWARE ASIANWOLF COMPANY
Asianwolf is a company that re-markets SCYTEK and GALAXY alarms and sells them cheaper as an "Asianwolf" brand. Prices are GOOD, SERVICE, QUALITY are HORRIBLE.. SERVICE. Oh just WAIT till I tell you about their SERVICE!!!
BTW: EVERYTHING I am about to tell you is all on TAPE, I recorded our conversations
[PURCHASING STAGE]
1. I purchase ATTEMPT to purchase Asianworlf 8000rs from their ebay listing. Contact them via the EMAIL address they tell you to email for questions. I do that and you get a VERY IMMATURELY pre-written email about how they receive 100's of emails a day and you must call them. (tons of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... bad business way there)
2. Call them LD since I'm in Canada.
3. Sounds like a YOUNG oriental KID picks up the phone, CHEWING GUM in my ear and not even listening to what I am asking.. Acting "cool" "don't care" "sarcastic" .... I ask him questions like shipping costs, time to arrive, questions on item, VERIFIED I will get the Remote overlay as shown on website..etc.
FYI: There are 2 remote overlays they have. One is crappy looking and says "ASIANWOLF", the other is a NICE one that has a multi-colored circle with the words "True Color". looks VERY NICE!.. I specifically said I wanted THAT one. He confirmed it WOULD be that one because the "asianwolf" is only given to wholesalers and not regular customers. I had him (or so he made it out to be) open the box on the phone and VERIFY.. He said it's the "multi-circled" one that is in the box for me.
4. During the "PURCHASING" order on the phone (45 mins!!) , I was put on hold approx 10-15 times only to hear their "BRB Message" (A YOUNG Asian Female who is talking like a little kid reading a FAQ about their products.. Then she says things like "Don't go anywhere, Don't hangup, or I'll be sad"... and then there is a part where she SCREWS UP and asks someone in the background if she should continue, you hear him say "yeah, keep going" and she TRIES to do it but gives up..
EDITING?? HELLO??
5. The price for each part keeps changing.. First it's $15 to ship to me.. then it's $25us.
6. I go through 3 different people as they continuously put me on hold and someone ELSE picks up the phone.
7. Hung up on TWICE!
8. FINALLY they tell me to order through ebay. hangup.
9. Go through the ordering stage on ebay, only to find Asianwolf configured it to NOT access Canadian orders.. So BACK to calling LONG DISTANCE.
10. Have to explain the whole thing again since a DIFFERENT person answers the phone.. Turns out the person I FIRST spoke to started 1 month ago and ALL the prices quoted are WRONG.. By a LONG SHOT. Shipping is $25 not $15.. as well as others.
11. They then ask if I want to pay $2 more to have the contents TRIPLE CHECKED for accuracy and that they would replace any missing parts as part of this TRIPLE CHECK warranty. I thought that was RIDICULOUS to tell your customers to PAY to make sure THEY do it right??? But $2... alright fine..
12. I have to give them my credit card info OVER THE PHONE so they can MANUALLY verify it (SUSPICIOUS PART).
13. 2 hours later I get an email with my tracking number.
[ARRIVING STAGE - FIRST TIME After Purchase]
[WHERE IS THIS TRIPLE CHECK THEY SUPPOSEDLY DID????????????]
1. UPS arrives with shipment (NO COST since I paid for it over the phone) approx 4 business days later. And open the box.
2. BROKEN: 2 Clips on CPU box
    BROKEN: Remote Leather case "plastic" window has two big "horns". The plastic-type screen is mis-shapen
    MISSING: VALET SWITCH (Turns out it's on the ANTENNA of all things, their ad SHOWS it to be a separate switch)
    MISSING: LED LIGHT
    WRONG: Cover on remote shows "ASIANWOLF" Crappy... NOT WHAT THEY TOLD ME IT WAS!!
3. IMMEDIATELY I take pictures of EVERYTHING that came in the box for proof.
4. Call them (TAPED THE CONVERSATION) and they OUTRIGHT told me I was lying! They told me how they have camera's set on above the table where they put the parts into the box's and they have PROOF they put all that in there and I must have LOST IT! ! I They start telling me how I lost them, and how it's not their problem that I lost it.. EXCUSE ME?!?!
5. I told them that I paid for triple check and you OBVIOUSLY did not triple check it considering parts are MISSING, BROKEN, and even WRONG.(Wrong part PROVE IT)
They say to return it. Send IT ALL to them again (4lbs of alarm for a couple oz. of parts needed) along with invoice. They will look at the parts and send it back corrected.
6. I tell them :
Me: "What about shipping?"
Them: "What ABOUT shipping?!"
Me: "Well I'm not going to pay to ship YOUR mistake back"
Them: "Well I'm telling YOU RIGHT NOW, We are NOT going to pay for shipping, that it YOUR PROBLEM".
I argue with them about how they charged me to TRIPLE CHECK and they OBVIOUSLY didn't and I don't care what their camera shows, they put the WRONG parts...
7. He then gives in and says "I'll do you a favor, we don't usually do this, You pay to ship it back to us (all of it) and we will pay to ship it back to you". I did NOT think that I should have to PAY to have it fixed.. that is THERE FAULT.. NOT MINE!
They gave me no choice (be out of an alarm that I've now paid over $200us for, or pay to have it sent and fixed). I agreed.
Cost me $30 to mail the 4lbs alarm to them with TRACKING and PROOF of arrival (don't trust them that they would CLAIM it never arrived)
[DELIVERED to them.. they deny it]
1 Called the company right after and asked them to LOOK into if the alarm was even received (I KNEW IT DID CAUSE FEDEX SHOWS it was delivered that morning)
    The guy said they didn't receive it. I told him it DID because tracking proves it.. Puts me on hold for another 5 mins and CONVENIENTLY it's appeared.
[WAITING FOR IT TO BE SENT BACK]
1. Didn't hear from them for 2 days so I called them and again, put on hold like 3 times.. FINALLY told to call the SHIPPING department. I hang up and call only to get a recording that they closed 1 HOUR ago (Thanks for telling me that, Idiots!)
2. Call back the next day and can't even get them to pick up!! Called like 5 times throughout the day and it's the same msg about them being closed after 3pm PST.
3. FINALLY I find out the package was sent back to me and he gives me the tracking number. This is some other guy (SEEMS VERY NICE.. Not oriental I don't believe) I have never talked to before. I explain what happened and how they CHARGED me to get the entire alarm back because THEY made a mistake! He COMPLETELY AGREED WITH ME. Said it was the companies policy that basically once you buy it, they have NO WARRANTY. YOU PAY SHIPPING TO AND FROM them No matter the reason!!
[ARRIVING STAGE - AFTER SO CALLED FIX]
1. 6 Business days later I receive it (TODAY) and what did they do??? THEY C.O.D'd it to me ($86!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I needed the alarm and the delivery driver said I can FIGHT the cost when I pay it now.. No choice so I paid the $86. They told me THEY would PAY to ship it back..
Sure.. send 4lbs worth of USELESS stuff for NO REASON.. We will just get EVEN with you since it will cost YOU when we C.O.D it back to you and STILL screw you over with wrong/missing parts!
2. Open the box and those DAMN !@#@$@#$@#$$%&$&% DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!
   MISSING: LED
   WRONG: Remote Overlay cover (this time they put the BRAND NAME "SCYTEK ".) NO WHERE as nice as WHAT I ORDERED.
3. Called UPS and explained the situation and they are going to look into ASIANWOLF, but they were gracefully enough to REFUND $51.04 to me which will be coming by mail.
So basically.. This $145us alarm cost me around $315!!!!!
TO TOP THIS ALL OFF: Turns out MOST Alarm shops won't even touch it cause of the "cheap" "unknown" brand. And the CHEAP QUALITY PARTS... And those who WILL try charge at least $400 - $500 to install.
Turns out a DAY after I purchased the alarm, ASIANWOLF was DELETED BY EBAY. And feedback now shows a TON. 14 in a month COMPLAINTS about missing items, Nothing received once paid for, BAD Service..
See for YOURSELF: http://feedback.ebay.com/dll?ViewFeedback&userid=wolf-com-usa&iid=5876748171
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone reported them to the BBB?
"ole blake"
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

interesting I ordered this alarm, the one without the camera right?  Well I had a problem with paying with Paypal well since I live about 30 min away I offered to go pay cash they said no cant do that blah blah blah I cussed them out and threatened to report them to e-bay and thats when they said let me get you the head honcho of all our stupidity on the phone.  Well even though he was quite the stupid one he was very polite compared to the other idiots they have there.  He actually mutually agreed to cancel the three different orders off of ebay to re-order them differently??  idiots, I swear the name says it all ""asian"wolf" if you get what I am saying.  These guys were ok but still very bad on their part of buisness.  Go figure Scytek is in Hollywood along with them and I live in LA county.  Go figure also I found another place that for what I paid for this alarm without the camera, I could have bought it with the damn camera &*#@!!! lol o0o well, but I do not suggest anyone else order from them.

As far as the problem with the alarm itself, if you havent noticed there is a blue led attached to the antenna/valet switch, and that is what they consider "The LED" idiots.  As far as your paging it is very weird, as I was inside Dodger stadium, my car was parked purrrrrrty far away! lol and well I was able to arm/disarm RS and confirm and also receive tamper alerts.  great thing I was able to recieve them, because come to find out it was my buddy hitting my car trying to let me know he was over there, because we lost him! haha.  Have you had the alarm itself installed?  If not I am willing to help you out via e-mail and try to give you the best step by step instructions on it if you would like.  I feel your pain and well I would love to help you out bud.  Let me know how everything is going.

camarosource 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
mustangfoo wrote:

interesting I ordered this alarm, the one without the camera right? Well I had a problem with paying with Paypal well since I live about 30 min away I offered to go pay cash they said no cant do that blah blah blah I cussed them out and threatened to report them to e-bay and thats when they said let me get you the head honcho of all our stupidity on the phone. Well even though he was quite the stupid one he was very polite compared to the other idiots they have there. He actually mutually agreed to cancel the three different orders off of ebay to re-order them differently?? idiots, I swear the name says it all ""asian"wolf" if you get what I am saying. These guys were ok but still very bad on their part of buisness. Go figure Scytek is in Hollywood along with them and I live in LA county. Go figure also I found another place that for what I paid for this alarm without the camera, I could have bought it with the damn camera &*#@!!! lol o0o well, but I do not suggest anyone else order from them.

As far as the problem with the alarm itself, if you havent noticed there is a blue led attached to the antenna/valet switch, and that is what they consider "The LED" idiots. As far as your paging it is very weird, as I was inside Dodger stadium, my car was parked purrrrrrty far away! lol and well I was able to arm/disarm RS and confirm and also receive tamper alerts. great thing I was able to recieve them, because come to find out it was my buddy hitting my car trying to let me know he was over there, because we lost him! haha. Have you had the alarm itself installed? If not I am willing to help you out via e-mail and try to give you the best step by step instructions on it if you would like. I feel your pain and well I would love to help you out bud. Let me know how everything is going.

I had A&B sound here in Canada install it ($500+). The ONLY thing they can think of (guessing) is that perhaps the FM signal is different in canada?? Not that make sense to me.. Is there a way to determine if it's the ALARM not sending the signal far enough to the remote? Or the REMOTE not detecting the signal from any distance away? (Poor reception)?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic