icon

Viper 791XV just stopped working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
My Viper 791XV just stopped working on my 88 Monte SS, worked fine the last time I drove the car witch has been a min I had to jump it off it had been so long, I was thinking maybe I blew the fuses by doing so but the autoloc function still works, but when I press the button to arm it or any button on the transmitter it just beeps as if its out of range, so I was thinking I unpluged the antenna back accident doing some mods but checked that this morning and its still connected on both ends any ideas?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
disconnect the antenna for a few minutes that may work.  Jump starting tednsd 2 cause problems with the 791 antennas
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
try doing the thing with the remote that consult your owners manual or get one online at www.directed.com and it will tell you how to reprogram remotes. some times over a long period of time that alarm will drop remotes. it is easy to program i can tell you but the book will or online guide will explain it better.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
the install guide is on thuis site in the downlaod section, it tell ya how to reprogram the remotes
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
check the fuses in the vehicle and make sure you didn't blow something in there first. then you may need to relearn the remote but if it is communicating with the alarm at all that usually isn't the problem. you may need to check the fuses in the alarm itself and make sure the fuses aren't partially blown. also, check the voltage getting to the alarm and and make sure it is at least 12 volts. good luck.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
u may have killed ur antenna in the worst case scenario...  Just like cntrylvr79, jump starting ur car with a viper 791xv sometimes kills the antenna..  I had it happen to me and a friend
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
tbone587 wrote:
u may have killed ur antenna in the worst case scenario...  Just like cntrylvr79, jump starting ur car with a viper 791xv sometimes kills the antenna..  I had it happen to me and a friend
  how would I know with out buying a new one?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
cntrylvr79 wrote:
disconnect the antenna for a few minutes that may work.  Jump starting tednsd 2 cause problems with the 791 antennas
Do this first
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

has to be a problem with the antenna because I can't even do the learn because when it says to press a button on the transmitter it does the beep beep, out of range noise

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Did you disconnect the antenna for a couple minutes first???
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic