icon

2006 Lincoln Aviator, head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
armandg 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

I'm pretty new to the installing game.  I just got a job installing car stereos, and even though I know a lot about  the technical aspects, as you know, things can get hairy between different vehicles.  I have a customer lookin to get a head unit installed in an '06 Lincoln Aviator.  I've been looking around for technical data, but like I said, I'm new to this game and don't know where where to go, and that's when I found this site.  Just wondering if anyone could help me out about the best way to get into the dash on this vehicle without hacking it up, and also weather or not this thing has a separate amp, and if so where can it be found in the vehicle.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanx a lot. PEACE

(P.S. are there any other stupid things that FORD tied into the stereo that I should watch out for?)

Armand Green
armandg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty new to the installing game. I just got a job installing car stereos, and even though I know a lot about the technical aspects, as you know, things can get hairy between different vehicles. I have a customer lookin to get a head unit installed in an '06 Lincoln Aviator. I've been looking around for technical data, but like I said, I'm new to this game and don't know where where to go, and that's when I found this site. Just wondering if anyone could help me out about the best way to get into the dash on this vehicle without hacking it up, and also weather or not this thing has a separate amp, and if so where can it be found in the vehicle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx a lot. PEACE
(P.S. are there any other stupid things that FORD tied into the stereo that I should watch out for?)
Armand Green
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
armand by the questions you're asking i think you should leave the car alone. maybe ask some of the other installers you're working with? it's no shame to not know but don't learn on a customers car.
I can eat fifty eggs
armandg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I understand exactly where you're comming from. Actually that's how I feel however, I'm the only installer on site. Understand that I'm not a comlete amature. I just completed a full install on a 2001 Mercedes ML with the BOSE system. AVIC Z1, Rockford Punch amp,single 12" P2 sub, Sirius Connect, All new interior Speakers. I know a lot about installing, I just want some more TECHNICAL VEHICLE SPECIFIC info on the Aviator before I jump into it. You should know as well as I do that a lot of install work when it comes to specific Vehicles is a learning expirience in itself. Any help still greatly appreciated.
Armand Green

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic