door sensors and parking lights problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

ok if the light is not working there is a chance that you have blown the bulb,

ok next thing forget the RED / white wires now, go to the domelight in the car and test what wire goes neg or pos when the doors are opened and get the connection there.

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
sigh 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Joe,
I'll test it as soon as i get home from work. i will also test just the door ajar light and make sure it is not blown (something i forgot to do before).
sigh 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Ok here is what i did and unfortunately i still have bad news:
I disconected the wire next to the door ajar light, which i previously connected the alarm to, and then connected it to ground - the door ajar light lid. so i concluded that the light is working properly and it will light up whenever ground is provided (a door is opened), thus leaving me to the conclusion that the problem is somewhere along the path.
I checked the dome light and it is negative triggered as well. But i don't really want to run wires from the dome light to the fuse box, because i was hoping of fixing the problem, and not going around it.
Do you know how the door sensors are connected to the door ajar light. Is there anything along the path that i might have blown (hopefully just a fuse)?
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

it is possible that there could be a diode in that circuit that you have blown, but as i know nothing about this car i have no idea about the wiring setup,

also have you removed the alarm wire off the door circuit to and checked the wiring for power, and you are just taping into these wires and not cutting them in half are you? because it sounds like there is a break in that wire somewhere along the line. just run a new wire to it from the main 1 at the 12 pin plug at the fuse box get the RED / white wire that reads power when any door is open

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
sigh 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
thanks Joe again for all the help you've given me. I was also thinking of either a diode or a fuse, but i wasn't sure where to look. I'll take a last look of everything and follow your suggestions in your last post and if i still can't figure it out i think i'll just give up and give the car to a shop so they could fix it. Because i don't know that much about cars and if i start changing wires that are too deep into the electronics and the operation of the vehicle i guess i'll bring even more damage to the car itself. Thank you very much again and i hope that this last hint is the key to fixing my problem. I'll do another post and say the results.
Thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic