icon

Windows up and down, One channel?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

I have an old delta 5005 alarm installed in my car, and it works great. I also have 2 4 window modules that are installed.  Problem is that the window moduels reccomend attaching to either the door locks or to the accessory channel on the alarm.  I only have one accessory left, and my door lock have automatic locks on them so when i put the car in gear, the windows go up.  I have the up connected to the door lock at present, and the down connected to the accessory channel. Is it possible to make my 1 accessory channel control up and down, maybe through using relays?  Specifically what I want it to do is push it once windows go down, push it again, and the windows go up.  If any one knows how to do this, please let me know.  It will save me a lot of grief.

Thanks

T

Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
does your alarm have an "armed output" type wire. ie one which goes to ground when the alarm is armed.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
your windows are going up when lock is pressed because the connection you are set on. like previous post diode isolate up possition input wire to the negative wire supplying the starter kill. contact me via email for info. and use the extra trigger wier from alarm to make the windows go down.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
steel-reserve 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
what i did was have constant +12v and find pulsed ground coming from my alarm wires (the ones not used) and used relays and spliced wires and used a timer relay (2)  and made it so my option buttons were the buttons used to make the windows go up and down..  just splice the wire from the window and connect ground to 30 and power to 87a,and also power to 86 and 87 and the trigger from the timer (ground) to 85, then have the timer relay set to trigger from a ground pulse.. (well in my case i used ground but i guess u can use the reverse) connect the trigger to the pulsed ground which will in turn send a negative to ur 85 for a specified amount of time, but there are 2 wires left on the timer relay, well 3 actually.. the ground and power and another wire (orange), that is the wire that tells the timer what to send out, a positive or negative. anyway u tie that wire to the ground so the timer know to send ground to the brown wire (85)   and wolla!   done! now just set the timer to ur desire!     trigger=black with white stripe,red=power,black=ground,brown=positive or negative(which ever the orange is connected to), and orange=what ur sending out (positive or negative)  thats it.. hope this helps u in some sort of way!  U should have someone verify this cause i dont have time to go back and edit....  peace!
steel-reserve 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
P.S. to find a pulsed ground u need a test light and hook  it up to positive and test each wire when u press the button on the remote and see which one lights up
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a domelight supervision output?
Connect one relay like this:
85: FUSED, constant power
86: dome supervision wire from alarm
30: aux output from alarm
87a: windows-up wire of window module
87: windows-down wire of window module
HOW IT WORKS:
When you disarm your alarm, the domelight output comes on for a period of time-----usually 30 or 60 seconds.
During that time, the relay is energized, causing 30 to be connected to 87............when you press your aux button, the windows should go down.
At all other times, the relay is at rest, causing 30 to be connected to 87a............when you press your aux button, the windows will go up.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS:
To lower windows, disarm alarm, and press AUX within the next 30 seconds.
To raise windows, arm the alarm and then press AUX.
steel-reserve 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
P.S.S.  the timer i used was a 528t DEI   i think thats the one
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
Do you have a domelight supervision output?

I do have a Dome light Output (-) wire comming out of the alarm.  If this is the wire I need to tap into, then this sounds like pretty close to exactly what I want to do Chris.  For this to work, I should test this wire to make sure its is giving a signal for 30 to 60 seconds once the alarm is disarmed? if it is, then all I should have to do is hook it up like you said?

Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that should be it.
And yeah, if it's an old alarm that you didn't install (or aren't familiar with), it would be a good idea to first test that output as you suggest.
Also, go to the carsound.com forums and do a search in the Security section for "nissan windows". There, you can see some comments from other installers about this setup.
cadillac_coupe 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

Hi this is to Chris Luongo:

Will I need two relays and wire them individually to each window? I'm having problems with the controller I got. The way I got them to go up is when I shut off the ignition to the car; now I want them to go up when the alarm arms itself.  I have a diagram that I got through this forum and this is the way it says to hook up. The yellow activation wire on the diagram, which is orange on mine, you connect to the orange wire from the alarm brain; the yellow/white I'm guessing is the accessory here, but on mine is pink, goes to the same wire as I have mentioned. Now it says to cut in between them. Now on my realy for the starter kill it has two yellow wires connected to the same pin, dont know which one right now, but I'll get back at you on this pin. Maybe you can help me out. I've posted here and no one has posted a reply to mine. How, if I need them, do I wire in diodes? Can you help on this too? Much thanks.

cadillac_coupe
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic