icon

SoloX project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
I see.  I need to start going to more car audio shows and seeing competition level quality.  Thanks again.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
dubmanfunk 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

As for sound deadening, I would suggest just going to LORDCO and pickin' up some (self- adhering) sound deadening sheets... (10x cheaper than any NAME BRAND stuff and actually works! ) it also comes in a spray or tile sqaures... i used the spray first, then cut the sheets to size and put them over for added sound deadening (couldnt think of a word, it's late). you can also use the spray for the reverse of interior panels, wheel wells, under side of your floor pan (as it is rubberized, it also prevents rust!) etc. However it is UNPAINTABLE! and is a bisnatch to get off!  So be careful!

otter 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Melted Fabric wrote:
I have no problem doing an extensive installation on the deadner. I thought Dynamat was the "holy grail" of sound killer but, I found a company called eDesignAudio ( www.edesignaudio.com)
with a product called "eDead."
Comparing it to Dynamat, it seems more cost effective.
Well, aside from deadnening the she-et out of it. I was thinking about throwing it up on a above ground lift and welding or securing any lose looking objects down.
But yea, all the seats, carpet, door panels are all coming off so I can deadnen every surface I can access.
After looking at the site, you think I should just use the mat on their or try out the liquid version?
Check out RAAMmat! this stuff rules! It is butyl based like dynamat and way cheaper. I have used it in my STI and have not a single complaint. Talk to rick (pretty sure that was his name) at raamaudio.com
they also sell a really great closed cell foam for further dampening
good luck
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

Alright, I was thinking and most likely going to put a 10 in my ride, and well looking at the manual and specs, the 12 doesn't seem to be worth the extra money.  They handle the same amount of power and I mean the extra area of the 12 will push more air but in the end how much louder do you really think the 12 is?  If I am saying some wrong things, somebody please correct me.

Also the manual says for an SPL enclosure to go with the said specs, and says, "The SPL enclosure is intended for SPL ONLY! It is designed to be used with test tones above 68 Hz! Playing music with frequencies below 68 Hz will result in very, very, very bad things happening!!"  Now my question is if you double up on the 3/4 mdf to make it 1 1/2" thick, will this make it so that it can handle lower freq.?  I am kinda stumped, but also still learning about some of the things with subs and amps, so can someone try to explain this to me! thanks!

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Very bad things will happen because the sub is going to play well below the tunning frequency and the amo will loose control of the sub. This results in launching the cone threw the damn window, not a desired result. You only use the SPL box for SPL competition and thats it. ABSOLUTLY NO STREET USE
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

ahh great for clearing that up for me, I was curious about that as it said tones and had an idea that it might be something like competion but its comp only, thx.

So wut do you think is gonna be better in a mid-size suv type of car, suzuki sidekick to be exact, the 10 or 12, and in a sealed or ported box, I can go either way.

Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I am a little confused now.  The very bad, ultra "oh no"....."that's your azz" thing will happen if I am playing a test tone CD right? 

What if I have a track playing with really low bass, for example Mr. Ozio - Flat beat.mp3

Will it be alright?  I worry so much, because I have never seen a setup with 2500W RMS, and that is exactly what I will be running for this client.

When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
check out the manual and the speaker enclosures, at the bottom of each enclosure it says the RMS power that box can handle.
Melted Fabric 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, will do.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic