icon

2001 Vw Golf alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IIrjII 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have a question about this 01 Golf that i did.  I installed a Viper 791xv into a couple of weeks ago.  Lately the alarm has been going off for no reason.  When I look at the remote, it says that  a door trigger was set off.  But the doors are closed all the way.  Can anyone tell me why the alarm is doing this?  thanks
sigh 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
i would say it might be a connection when you wired it. You might have not done it good, and due to vibrations and stuff it just unsoldered and therefore it is disconnecting from time to time, or you might have just not isolated them good and they my be grounding somewhere, and if your door trigger is '-', the alarm sets off.
I would say check all your connections when you wired the remote, and actually just check your door trigger connections
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
what wire did you tap into seperate door trigger wire, or the dome light wire on the factory alarm?
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Using the domelight is not a good idea on these cars. Contrary to popular belief, there is only one trigger available at the CCM that works properly, and that is the driver's door only.
Pull a separate door trigger into each door.... it is BROWN / white in each door. Diode isolate accordingly. Not too bad..... maybe a half hout total.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

hi gus my bro has a mk4 golf, i put a clifford on it couple weeks ago, i used the domelight and both the oem, and clifford have any probs everything operates as it should.

also if you do decide to use the seperate door wires as gus has described do use diodes as the display on the dash will tell you wrong info as it what door is open etc.

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic