icon

compustar 2W900FM-AS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am a retard. I was thinking that in order for the door triggers to work they had to have some sort of power source to them. They do after all connect to the dome light which I am missing. After a liitle reasonable thinking, I realized that there is no power source required and i just needed to hook the wire from the door trigger to the neg wire on the alarm. Works..heh ... I am sure most of you are thinking duh....ya..took me a bit.
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I have to tell ya, I love this alarm. It's nice to have an older car and feel somewhat like you have new tech in it. I've got power locks and enabled the ability to lock when you start the vehicle and unlock when you turn off the ignition. Everything works. I even got the hood switch installed and working..This was my first alarm install ever and normally I would have shyed away from something like this..and probably would have on a newer vehicle , but over all simple to install. I'm stoked and I have to thank those on here that responded to my questions and gave assistance. Thanks guys!
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
flatland2d 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
I share the same feeling.  I just got my 2W900FM-AS installed in my del Sol last weekend.  I love all the features and the remote start is really cool (even though my A/C is out so there is no reason to remote start right now, I do it occaisionally anyways).  I agree that the wiring wasn't bad at all, it just took me forever because I located the brain in an unusual location and every wire had to be lengthened.  I soldered all my connections.  I love the added security of knowing if my alarm has been triggered.  I sleep with my keychain by my bed now!  I also give thanks to all who helped on here.
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Remote start is the only thing I don't have functioning only because it really is useless on my older bug. You have to hit the gas to prime the choke..besides I have to let the dogs out in the morning anyway so I just start it up then.
I sleep with the remote by my bed too but last night was proof it's not always good lol. My neighbors dog got out at 1 am and ran past the car. We think his tail slapped the side or maybe he ran into it no one knows but long story short the alarm went off. 1 Am is NOT a good time lol.
1968 VW Beetle
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2006 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
I just got the compustar 2wssas installed and it is definitely 'le t1ts'. my remote battery is down to two bars and range has been diminished, but overall my impressions are very good.
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2006 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't go with the 2WSS-AS because I heard there is alot of lag time between the alarm and the remote plus the 2W900 FM was cheaper and it's remote looked cooler compustar 2W900FM-AS - Page 2 -- posted image. If your using the battery that came with the remote swap it out with a duracell or everready. Them cheap batteries they send with remotes suck and die fast.
1968 VW Beetle
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
I see no lag time w the 2wss. so far, only once did teh brain not respond to teh remote, it could have been from me pucshing too many buttons in sequence. 15-30 seconds later it was responding fine.
the fm remote looks cool though. the 2wss range is stupendous and I havent tweaked the antenna location, minimum 4-6 city blocks around big buildings.
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I am embarrassed to say I picked the 2W900FM for the remote compustar 2W900FM-AS - Page 2 -- posted image. It looks so much better hehe. I have not tested the range of mine to much yet. I know where it won't work though lol.
1968 VW Beetle
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic