icon

2005 accord roll up window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 06 Accord LX sedan that does not have the factory alarm. I plan on installing a Compustar 2W900FM-AS system. The windows will roll down but not back up using the factory remote. So what is the best way to get all four windows to roll up and down from the Compustar remote without having to buy a window module? I found out that the Compustar AUX channels will only put out a .5 second(-) pulse unless changed with a programmer. Which I do not have access too.
Is this correct?
1)Connect AUX channel 1 using a relay to the WHITE/ red factory arm wire in the driver's door.
2)Connect AUX channel 2 using a relay to the white factory disarm wire in the driver's door.
How do I wire the relays?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
--The Honda's wires are low-current; there is no need for the relays.
--I'm not familiar with Compustar product, but you NEED a long, steady pulse to roll up the windows.
You could connect the wires anyway, and then pay a Compustar dealer to reprogram the brain for you, or buy two pulse timers (available from DEI, but I forget the part number), but that is more work and more money.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

I just tested this out again over the weekend, you NEED two pulses.  The first one can be super short (1/2 second) and then the second pulse is what will move the windows.  I tested this on both an Accord and an Acura TSX.

One pulse will NOT move the windows.

Kevin Pierson
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help. Do you think this would work?
1)Connect the Ground(-)when armed output of my alarm to the WHITE/ red factory arm wire in the door. Wouldn't the windows roll up when I armed the alarm?
2)Connect one of the Compustar AUX channels to a DEI 528T pulse timer (I already have one). Then connect the 528T to the white factory disarm wire and sdjust the 528T to output a negative signal just long enough to roll all four windows down?
I really appreciate everyones help on this forum!
KPierson 
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
No, you need a double pulse to move the windows.
Kevin Pierson
bbtaco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I just tested this out again over the weekend, you NEED two pulses.  The first one can be super short (1/2 second) and then the second pulse is what will move the windows.  I tested this on both an Accord and an Acura TSX.

One pulse will NOT move the windows.

Thanks! Do you have any suggestions as to what is the best way to get all four windows to roll up and down from the Compustar remote? How did you wire up the Accord to get it to work? As far as I know,only the unlock can be set to double pulse. But I can change the lock/unlock pulse time from .8 to 2.5 seconds. How long does the pulse need to be to get the windows to work? I can also change Both aux channels from a .5 second pulse to latched output. I assume this means it outputs the (-) signal until the AUX button is pressed again?
KPierson 
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

My Accord uses a custom electronic module to raise the windows from the OEM remote.  The module triggers from the 'LOCK' pulses and outputs the correct signal.  The first pulse is about 1/2 second long, the 2nd pulse is about 10 seconds long.

Kevin Pierson
KPierson 
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
If you check out www.acurazine.com or http://www.gen7accord.com/ you should be able to find the information you're looking for!
Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson,
You're correct. You need to first lock (or unlock) the door with the key, then release the key, then turn and HOLD it again.
bbtaco,
You should split the Compustar's lock and unlock outputs, each with two diodes......so that when you lock the doors, you're pulsing the pink/black lock wire in the car, AND the WHITE/ red arm wire in the door.........I know you don't have a factory alarm, but hook it up like that anyway.
Then, if you remember to FIRST lock or unlock your doors, and THEN hit the aux button, the windows should work okay.
But, I don't know about using the GWA output.......for one, it'll come on the instant you lock the doors. Also, it may (or may not) be harmful to the car that the output is staying there all night.
KPierson 
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
If you keep the 'rearm' wire grounded there is a good chance that the window down function won't work because the power window controller will see both an up and a down signal at the same time.
Kevin Pierson
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic