icon

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kainlane 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm having a problem with the starter I installed. I purchased an EZ-2500 Remote Starter from Commando alarms and have installed it. I was trying to program in the transmitter, following the directions in the manual. I got the confirming horn chirps and the LED flashes to show that it will receive a signal from the transmitter. I then hold down a button on the remote, the light comes on (so I know the battery is fine), but there is no response from the starter module. After 15 seconds or so, the horn chirps 3 times and the lights flash 3 times, as if it shows it Exits. I have tried this with both of the transmitters that came in the box. Any idea to what my problem may be?
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Look up what the shutdown code is in the manual. It could think ur hood is open or your brake is being pressed.
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
kainlane 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

What do you mean by the shutdown code? (Unfortunately the manual is not so great)

As for the hood, it is shut. But knowing the way that wire works in that when the hood is down the wire is grounded, it shuts down the module, I disregarded that safety feature and taped off that wire so it can't be grounded. The brake switch on the other hand is installed correctly, but the brake isn't being pressed. So why would it think that is happening?

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
mihgt have tagged the wrong brake wire or it rests on a low voltage enough to trip the relay inside the alarm. Do the other functions of the alarm work? when you go to remote start it, sit in the car, see if the car has the ignition and accesories turn on, need a few more symptoms to diagnose.
The shut down code is the code the led flashes when the remote start is shut down. like 2 flashes for hood, 3 for break, 4 for timed out, things like that
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
kainlane 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

the only function that I absolutely know works is when I start the car the locks automatically engage, then unlock again when the car is shut off. (my wife discovered this by locking the keys in the car when I wasn't home...)

well the code for led and horn says 3 flashes for No RPM or Low Voltage. but it also says for programming the remote after finishing "Exit: Turn Ignition to 'OFF' position, or leave it for 15 seconds. A 3 long chirps & 3 parking light flashes confirm exit. Which is exactly what it does. When I am trying to program the remote, I push the button and it is as if it doesn't even read that it there is anything there, because after the 15 seconds or so it has the 3 chirps/3 flashes.

if you are interested, you can see the full manual from this page http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm100014.htm

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
look at page 16 it has the shut down info that you need in the install guide
kainlane 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
right, I read that. But isn't that if the module shuts the car down? I can't actually test that because my remote doesn't work, therefore I can't push the little car button.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
make sure the antenena is plug in. UNPLUG it and plug it back in. do u have 2 remotes, they should come pre program
kainlane 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

yes there are 2 remotes. Though the manual says to program them in first. I did try to use them before I tried programming.

I tried that with the antennae also. Though obviously I can try it again

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
can you get into programign if so and cant get the remotes to learn may have a problem with the unti send it back. thsi is after you check the atennnea and the atenna wirwe make sure not shorted to ground, pinch etc
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic