icon

eclipse speakers, worth it?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
church_of_bass 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all, i just wanted to hear some opinions on eclipse's speakers and subwoofers...thinking of stepping into some, but still haven't had a good chance to listen...im running alpine r type 12" subs and pioneer 6-1/2" coaxials right now...are the eclipse products worht what they cost....i understand they are quite expensive.  My brother has an eclipse deck in his impreza, and it's a great piece.  Do their speakers reflect the quality of their other products, eg decks?   Thanx guys!
"alcohol and night swimming - It's a winning combination!" - Lenny
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
I like them and am glad they are in my vehicle.  I think they sound better than some speakers that cost more.  But that's just my opinion, your mileage may vary.  :)
Support the12volt.com
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard only good things about Eclipse.
Shaking The Neighborhood
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ask the man with 6kW in his trunk! I L-O-V-E Eclipse gear. The 8051 deck I had lasted over 5 years, in Bakersfield sun, dust and heat, and it was replaced with an 8445 last month. Sound quality is second to NONE! My SW9122 has close to 2000 watts running it, and I have never burned a coil! FAST, deep, accurate, tight! Reliability has been superb! The only thing I would not use (but NOT because they are inferior products - they ARE NOT - I just like some other raw drivers better) would be the actual multi-speaker systems... I don't like any co-ax, tri-ax or component systems on the market over what I have in my doors presently...
Nah, I don't like Eclipse at all... eclipse speakers, worth it? - Last Post -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse makes a very good product.  Sound quality is amazing and competes with/beats many HIGH end manufacturers.  You'll find many happy Eclipse customers, like haemphyst, on this site.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

I'll agree w/ DYohn on this, they do sound better than speakers that cost more. I havent really heard any complaints about them, they're great decks/speakers all in all, but just not my personal fav.W/ your current setup I would change out from those pioneer speakers and try something else if your not pleased w/ them....I'd be a little hesitant about swapping out the Type-R's unless you find something that proves you should change.GL

sS

rtfm
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
You just can't miss with these speakers, go for it.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
church_of_bass 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
cool, sounds like i should look into it.  Thanks for your input, fellas.
"alcohol and night swimming - It's a winning combination!" - Lenny

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic