icon

Subwoofer rumble sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigwest4085 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 12" subwoofers in the back of a 94 buick regal and when i turn the bass up load it makes a rumble noise...im not sure what it is but it does not sound very good...Please let me know if you know what this is and if there is something i can do so it does not make this sound...thank you so much....
-the Rookie
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
What are the subwoofers?  When you say rumble...  Is it like a shaking rumble?  I mean does it seem like something is physically shaking to make the noise?  Or is it purely seem like sound?  I hope I phrased that right.  I know what I mean Subwoofer rumble sound -- posted image..
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
bigwest4085 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 power acoustik mofo subs with a power acoustik 3000 watt amp...the rumble more like a sound, because i dont think its a shaking anything..i think i might just take it somewhere and see what they say...
rdaudio 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

several things to check.

if you have another box or a friend hook it up to the amp to see if it is the woofers

check your rca's take your deck out plug another set of rca's in to see if that changes

change your ground and check all connections sometimes crimps come lose

isolate diffrent sinarios to find problem.

Revolution Design Audio
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
rumble noise could be just cone distortion
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
How is your gain set, if your gain is set too high I have seen some amps ause all kinds of weird noises .
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
I am thinking the gain might be the culprit too.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
bigwest4085 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
what is the gain??
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

bigwest4085 wrote:
what is the gain??

It's probably the most important part of an amplifier.  It is the adjustment that matches the amps input sensitivity to the output voltage levels of your head unit.  It must be set properly to match the HU output.  Use the SEARCH function above to find many good tutorials on how to do this, or take your car to a decent car audio shop and have it adjusted properly.

Support the12volt.com
rdaudio 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
dont listen to that bs about the gain. over the last 12 yrs i have did so many installs. if you subs are rumbling loud and dont play the music correctly there is either and most likely something wrong with the install or a problem with your gear. this is why company's want a shop to install there product by i dought there are any shops who sell power accoustic. the last thing you can due if you are unsure about how to test your install is call P.A. and speak to there tec support and see if they will walk you through some things. other wise go to a shop and pay the money to get the job done
Revolution Design Audio
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic