Not sure on 10’’ Brand?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

I second killer sonata.

For the price those MTX subs can't be beat. I have two friends with those on their cars and they're very happy with them.

ieSpell rocks.
duley3 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Looking to stay right around 100 bucks. I know thats not much but thats all I can work in right now.
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_3004.html
The Memphis PR104D are $59 each at that link. Thats only $120 a pair. Not including shipping of course. I do however like MTX myself but since I have never heard the ones they are talking about I can't comment on if they are better or not then the Memphis. So you have a couple options at least.
At the very least go to that link, there are 3 reviews on there for those speakers.
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Are These the ones that killer sonata was talking about?  They have free shipping I'm looking to save as much as possible. I like the Memphis ones but it's about 60 bucks more with the shipping figured in.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
those are the ones. They also have the dual 4ohm ones. It all depends on how you want to wire them. Ya, the free shipping is a great bonus isnt it?
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
I don't really know what the differance of the dual ohms and the other ones. Could you help me understand?Not sure on 10’’ Brand? - Page 2 -- posted image.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

well if you have 2 single 4ohm voice coil subs, they can only be wired together to represent a 2 or 8 ohm load on an amp. If you have 2 dual 4ohm voice coil subs, they can only be wired together to represent a 1 or 4 ohm load. Depending on what amp you are using and how much power the subs can handle will help you determine which subs to get. Do you know what amp you are going to use?

use this link to heelp you figure out the wiring configurations for the subs.

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

Right now all I have is a Jensen 300 Watt Amp XA3022Lx - 3/2/1 CH Bridgeable That a friend let me use. I can't get anything different right now. So I will need to buy and work around this for now.  I couldn't even find any info on it, on the web anywhere. I know it crap but thats all I have. 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic