icon

aps 997a, 2003 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
honorabledog 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone. I have a quick question about installing an audiovox aps 997a into a 2003 Honda accord. When it comes to the bypass module for the ignition which will be the best to use. Could I use the 791, or the pk-h3. This is my first 2 way alarm install in this new of a vehicle. I have 17 yrs in the hot-rod and custom bike business so I do know a little bit, but while performing research on this set-up I have seen some horror stories about burning up computers and such. What else do I need to focus on while performing this job? Any ideas or help I can get are greatly appreciated. Thanks...Mike
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
Depends if you can sacrifice one of the spare keys or not.
If you get the standard box where you just put a spare key in it.........DEI 556U, Audiovox AS-TCBM, Trilogix TBK-III, you can't get into much trouble.
As for any of the bypasses that involve cutting and splicing into the car's immobilizer wiring, I think it is too time-consuming to be worthwhile.
Also, check out the HODL2 at bypasskit.com. It costs more than a few bucks, but it makes the install go faster and saves you the trouble of running wires into the door.
honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thank's for the quick reply Chris. Sounds good, and I appreciate the tip on the HODL2. I'm going to bypasskit.com right now.
honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

Mornin everyone,

I am in the process of putting an aps-997 into an 03 accord. I have all the components mounted and the main 6 pin harness wired. Now I'm realizing I don't know as much as I should about this install so I'm learning as I go. I have a few questions I need answers to and I know someone here can help. First off do I need to wire the alternate 4 pin harness as well?  I couldn't tell from the instructions if I'd be using the function of it or not. Second question is when I wire the 556u modulator for the remote start do I cut the ring and wire it to the factory wires or do I use the ring over the ignition switch? The directions call for either way? Thanks ahead for any info given.   Mike

Chris Luongo 
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
alternate 4-pin....... is that the one with the four, BLACK/ strip wires? If so, yes.
Most Accords have the factory alarm.........BLACK/ blue goes to the white factory disarm in the driver's door............if you want to arm the Honda alarm at the same time you arm the Prestige alarm, also connect the BLACK/ green to the WHITE/ red arm wire in the door.
NOTE: If using the bypasskit.com HODL2, you don't have to go into the door, and also don't have to use the 4-pin harness.
As far as the 556U, just use the ring it comes with. It must be tight around the face of the Honda's ignition switch, or it won't work. You'll need to use a piece of tape, or a small zip tie, to make the 556U's ring a little bit smaller.
Also, you didn't ask, but the 556U is a very versatile piece, with lots of wiring options....but it also gets people confused.
Red: constant power
Blue: light blue Ignition 3 from APS-997
Black: chassis ground, or you can also connect this to Ignition 3; whichever is easier.
ALL other wiring on the 556U is not used for your application.
honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Chris, your quick. The 4-pin I am asking about is realy just 3 wires in one 4-pin connector that mounts beside the 6-pin. It's called 4-pin "alternate" ignition harness, and has one ORANGE / black, one RED / black, and one pink wire. The instructions say the or/bl is for park brake if using turbo timer mode? The RED / bl  and pink are dry contacts used for negative swiching. I don't know what this means.

As for the modulator thanks..makes since now, thanks alot.   Mike

Chris Luongo 
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, that's right I remember now.......that's two new features they've added to the aps-997 over the older 996.
You don't need any of those three wires, but here's a rundown of them:
parking brake: If you connect this wire, the remote starter will keep the engine running for 5 minutes after you set the parking brake and remove the key.
That's useful for turbocharged or supercharged cars, because after hard driving, it's best to let the engine idle a few minutes, to keep oil circulating to the turbo to cool it.
Dry contact wires: These two wires are separate from each other at rest, and then they are connected together when the remote start is on............if your car had a third ignition wire (yours doesn't).........you would connect one of these wires to constant power, and the other to the extra ignition wire in the ca
honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
thanks again Chris. You saved me some stress there. This site is the best.
honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

Mornin everyone,

I'm still trying to finish installing a prestige aps-997 into a 03 honda accord but I've come across some problems. The door trigger  will not work with the alarm. I connected the brown(-) from the alarm to the GREEN/ red wire thats near the lock/unlock wires. Is this correct? What about thepurple wire(+) from the alarm.Do I connect it anywhere?  Also the parking lights will not flash with the alarm. I connected the white wire to the BLACK/ red at the steering column and the WHITE/ red to the RED / black but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

honorabledog 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
I should mention the WHITE/ red to RED / black connection was at the white plug above the fuse box.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic