icon

2003 f150 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
james betts 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

I made the mistake of purchasing something from ebay now i need help. I purchased a huatai ht-800d+ 2 way  remote start/alarm i have instaled other remote starts but this one has some diferences it dosent have a tack wire it uses oil pressure or charging ? it has 1 str wire, 1 acc wire, and 1 on wire ( i asume ign 1 ) but ford has 2 ign wires dont i have to energize both ign wires? it has 2 wires for turn signals can i just hook 1 of them to park lites like most alarms.  it has a wire and relay for start interupt do i have to hook this up ? do you know if my truck has + or - door locks  any help would be great.

thanks

james
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
James, free advice, put the thing right back on ebay, take the loss and learn from the experience. You will spend more time and $ trying to make it work as compared to purchasing the right RS/Alarm and going from there. Take the hit on the investment and aggravation right now as compared to the impending doom that my trusty crystal ball is predicting.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
james betts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
thanks i hate ebay but am going to try and get it to work 
james
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

forbidden...............well Put........2003 f150 remote start -- posted image.

You will have to use Relays for the additional Ign / Access.  Not to mention the Return % on this stuff.  More money spent.................

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
james betts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
thanks forbidden it is starting to get to complicated for me do you know a shop in victoria that will do it ? i am not woried about frying the alarm but the electronics in my truck are another thing. if i faxed tou the schematic could i pay you to draw me a simple diagram ?
james
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

James, as I said, stop now and call it a day. I would not recommend that you keep going with this alarm rs combo at all as the nightmare you are just starting to have will continue for as long as it is in the vehicle. Next major thing to consider. Look at this thread, the first picture was done by a shop in Victoria and is how all shops in Victoria when this customer enquired about install, said that they would do the job. Based on that, there is not one shop in Victoria that I can recommend to you. Time for a road trip up island to come see me by the sounds of it.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jhull 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
03 is the new body style....
you should only have one ignition wire and one accessory wire.
you only have to hook up one of the turn signal wires to your parking lights.
in order to use the oil pressure feature you have to find the oil pressure sender (its a pain)
Im 99% sure you have (-) door locks
but as you were already told these units arnt to good... i installed a couple of them for customers a good amount didnt work properly and i absolutly hate putting them in.
james betts 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
o4 is the new body stile
james
jhull 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
ouch well in that case, you should have I believe 2 ignition wires and 2 accessory wires. unless you have the xlt then youll have i believe 3 igntion wires and 2 accessory wires. lock polarity all depends if you get under the drivers side dash and look up on the firewall if you see a white box mounted to the firewall you have a possitive trigger, if you dont have that box then you have a positive trigger that rest at ground so you have to 5 wire the locks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic