icon

Bad Job?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
tell them you want them to pull it all out and fix what they messed up on your car.  also get your money back.  i cant believe that anyone would treat a customer that way.
markitzero 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

Well, can't say that I am surprised, but I have now picked car up from being "repaired". Those who take a pride in car audio installation may want to cover their eyes;Bad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.Bad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

• Instead of rerouting the signal cables to the drivers side of the car - power wire has been cut at each end and new power wire sloppily installed down drivers side (yes the old wire is still attached to the signal cables)
  • No grommet on bulkhead so power wire is chaffing on bare metal
  • Bare wire sticking out of amp terminals, and strands of power wire are hanging out and touching metal of the amp casing
  • Amp case now has several more deep scratches
  • All cables power and signal are now tightly bound into one big thing with insulating tape
  • Trim panels not replaced
  • Berries from a tree in the trunk/boot..mmmmmmm poisonous.
  • Car covered in more bird crap than I have ever seen.

Pictures are available to anyone who likes horror.

So now I have dodgy and dangerous install. Wicked. Oh well, you live and learn. Monday the quest for refund and compensation begins.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I want to see the pictures.  would be nice to see what another "pro" calls a good job.
markitzero 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Here for your viewing please, 2 select highlights from the boot install. Please note this is the car minutes after being picked up from a pro installer after I had complained about a dodgy install.

In the first picture...yes that is the rear seatbelt left in the boot/trunk, and the green squiggle highlights the power cable going down passenger side cut at each end with a new one shoved down the drivers side.

Bad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Picture 2....no comment.

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
looks like the type of work the last shop i worked at would of wanted, (it's why i left)  but hey, ya got free power cable for if you decide to run more amps in the future....but man, if that's there good work..what's there bad stuff?  what's the name of the company?
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
electrostatic 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
hackBad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Prove your connections, use a meter!
I promise, I'll behave!
markitzero 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

This is the fine work of Technicar in the UK. To quote the website. *ahem* Technicar offers a high degree of expertise in the installation and sale of all audio products...and now here's a bit more of that expertise.

I think it needed a bigger hole.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky here, but For a company with high degree of expertise...at least learn how to crimp a spade connector.

I shall now get off my soapbox and quit whining about my crappy install. Bad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
markitzero wrote:

This is the fine work of Technicar in the UK. To quote the website. *ahem* Technicar offers a high degree of expertise in the installation and sale of all audio products...and now here's a bit more of that expertise.

I think it needed a bigger hole.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky here, but For a company with high degree of expertise...at least learn how to crimp a spade connector.

I shall now get off my soapbox and quit whining about my crappy install. Bad Job? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I would keep trying to get your money back because you could have done that install in less than an hour yourself it's soo crappy. You're not being anal... that really is a bad install.

Like you said, power needs to be run on the oppisite side of the signal cables, a grommit should be used where the power cable passes through the firewall, cables need to be neatly ziptied togethor, connectors should be crimped or soldered properly. Other things that they probably did wrong and need to fix are the amp's ground location, the power cable's route through the engine compartment, and replacing the bodypanels properly.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Post their e-mail address so that we can all send them an e-mail about what we think of their hack installation methods. I am sure it will make it to other forums as well. The overwhelming flood of e-mails to their business might wake them up. Next I would take some more digital pics of the work at the worst possible parts instead of the pickiest parts, then I would make a point form note of the rest of the work, make it into a 5"x5" ad format and take it with you to the shop on Tuesday. Take with you a copy of your local newspaper. Inform him that this is the ad you will be paying for in the paper that comes out next. Ensure that you also have a quote from the paper as to the price of the advertisment, a business card will help to prove your point. Seems that they believe their shat don't stink and that what they say goes. Nothing says shat stinks like what I have read and seen and I sure as heck hope that they see a post like this. Wake the FAK up you guys, you are doing yourself more damage than good by not listening to a customer. Show them this thread as well, send them an e-mail with a link to it.

Man if I had a hack job come out of my shop like this, I would be all over it until the cows came home to ensure that whatever was done wrong was redone properly and to the customers satisfaction.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
where are the pics?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic