icon

Farad Cap

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
royalet 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys i am running 3 amps in my system, i have 2 alpine 650's at 2 ohm load, and a alpine 400 which is 75x4, now  i know i need a cap, should I get 1.5, 2, or 3, and second once you run the main cable from the battery, does it go to the cap and then the distribution block, or  go through the distribution block first than the cap.  And by chance what is a STAR ground method
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Why do you need a cap? Read the info on the forum and upgrade your wiring. Read on how to do the big 3 upgrade. 
'85 Toy
royalet 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
I was told that it would drain my battery,
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
A cap will just add to the already straining charging system. Upgrade the big three and it will solve your problems.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
You were told what will drain your battery? Not the big 3. Whoever told you that knows nothing about an install.
'85 Toy
royalet 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
well i was told that if i run the amps without one that would drain the battery, this was before anyone mntioned the big 3 upgrade. so your saying if i do the 3 upgrade, i can run all my amps, dvd drop downs and everything, and it wont hurt my battery or alternator
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Whoever told you to buy a cap is a retard...Upgrade the big three and then see how low the voltage drops...Then think about a new alternator.
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
The big 3 is the first and the cheapest steps you can do to help your system and the rest of the car perform better. You should do this first then try your system and everything to include lights and wipers plus run your A/C for worst case. If you notice no degredation then your good. If you have flashing of the lights or notice abnormal electrical then chances are your Altenator can't perform enough for your electrical needs. Upgrade your alt. As you will notice, cap's are not well recieved here and for good reason. They really are not needed if you bring your electrical equipment up to par. Save your money and invest into a bigger alt after you do the big 3.
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

owning a cap is similar to competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, your still retarded

LOL

rtfm
royalet 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
LOL, thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic