schooling

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LowXtreme 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I know the basics about installing amps, subs, decks, caps... well you get the point, but my question is, is installing an alarm system with remote start and keyless entry too much different from all of those? I was also think about taking a class, but reading your guys's feelings on them, they seem to suck. It is funny hearing you guys rip on Best Buy and Circuit City. I work at Best Buy currently, but in the moble electronics section, not as an installer. I know a lot about the products I sell, and even able to install them. The only thing that is confusing to me is an alarm installs, because the directions that come with them suck, and the installers at Best Buy REALLY Suck. They f**k more cars up than I can imagine. I had also thought about getting the MECP book. Would that help at all you think?

-Team Xtreme

Team Xtreme
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

Best thing is to learn to probe wires. Find the wires that you would need. Last would be trial and error. But take your time doing this. As you progress the faster you will be at it and the experience you will have from it. Plus you have this wonderful site full of information and helpful members that can guide and help you through problems that you may incounter.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
jac42 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2003 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
i live in South Gate CA, i need schooling anybody know of any schools
jose castro
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2003 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

the thing about the schools and the mecp book are that they are very vague on what they teach you ...they usually teach the theory behind the install process and some general stuff that might help 1 out of 10 times..... the reason that the hands on is better, is that it teaches you as you go with real world situations. the classes and books can't possibly go into all the what if's that happen in real life or they would be way to long!!!

if you wanna learn the basics and theory behind a lot of stuff they (schools and books like mecp) can help you out .....just keep in mind that they aren't the bible, and there are better and faster ways to do things....i agree with the hands on part is the best way to learn, as long as you have a knowledgable and willing vetren installer to teach you .....if you get so hack that doesn't wanna teach you, or who hasn't been doing it for that long teach you , you might learn bad habits right off the bat.....

the thing you have to remember is that there is always something to learn....there is always someone out there that knows more, or gets the same results diong a custom job faster .....you can always learn new things.....you can keep notes on what you learn so you can remember the stuff you might need in the months down the road.......i'm not saying walk around with a notebokk strapped to your ass, i'm just saying if you do some thing for the first time , like an alarm, or build a glassed box , or work on a brand new car that just came out , take a few notes on the processes used to do it, it will only make it easier the 2nd time around.....and time is money...especially if you are a comissioned installer.........thats just my 2 cents

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic