icon

Would someone use WinISD for me?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duley3 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

My system (PC) at home died on me. And I can't dump the program in the office PC (Not allowed).

So My question is this, Will someone please plug the info for THESE into WinISD for me? Here are the specs. I would like to use a sealed box for these. I have never used the program and don't know what info will be found after the numbers are pluged in. Will this give measurements of what to cut? Or does it just figure volume?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I don't see any Thiel Small parameters there.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

It just figures net volume.  You have to know how to use a tape measure and how to multiply width X length X height.  There are 1728 cu inches in one cubic foot.

Look at your first link, the PartsExpress page.  Click on manufacturer's specs.  See the graph?  It shows you cu ft for a sealed box for one woofer. 

These are bang-for-the-buck subs, so don't go entering SQ comps just yet.  But you'll get some decent sub bass if you build a tight box.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

Okay thanks I guess I didn't know what I was looking at there. .8 cu ft right?  So thats a pretty small bo isn't it?

Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
.8 cuft box is small, but it is the recommended volume for that sub.
Shaking The Neighborhood
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

Just one more.

I don't know if I have done this right or not. Could someone double check for me.

I used the Volume Calculator for the Wedge Enclosures 2. With the measurements of W-15, H1-15, H2-15, D-12.5 and .75 thickness of material it gave me right around the volume that is needed. Did I do it right?  I just would like to know so I can play around with the number before I start cutting.

Thanks for all the help Everyone.

Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
your measurement of W-15, H1-15, H2-15, D- 12.5 and .75" tickness the Interior volume will be 1.16016 cuft, but if you do it so it won't be a wedge enclosure anymore because of the H1 and H2 are the same size, you have to do it like this: W-15, H1-15, H2,12.5, D-15 and .75" of tickness then the Interior volume will be 1.29199 cuft, but 1.29 cuft is to big for that sub.
W-14, H1-14, H2-8, D-12.5 and .75 tickness then the Interior volume will be 0.75593 cuft Sealed Enclosure thus much better for that sub.
and if i was you, i'll use it so like in the pic below,
Would someone use WinISD for me? -- posted image.
Shaking The Neighborhood
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

Oops.. I put in the wrong number for the h2, I meant 4 not 15 my bad.

Would a square box be better? Or about the same?  It would be easier to build I do know that..

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

Double-check by dividing your proposed box into one wedge and one rectangle (instead of wedge type 2).  Do this by using only interior measurements and bypassing the 'thickness' by using a "0".

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
What I meant was will the sound or bass be different with a wedge or Rec. box. As long as I have the same volume in the box?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic