icon

Advice required for a newbie

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the toad 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for the replies, lol looks like I’m going back to the drawing board
I also want to thank you guys for hang in there with me, like I Said I’m a newbie to this and don’t know jack, so really relying on the experts here to guide me in the right direction.
jeffchilcott wrote:
maybe I am just a silly midwesterner but I will need to look up what this so called UTE is....im not familiar with them. haha
lol Jeff, if I said it was a four door pick up truck, would that make sence???
Ok more research now looking at the Pioneer shallow mount 8” TS-SW841D
I don’t seem to be able to find the information on mounting depth on the 8”. If it is the same depth as the 10” It will not fit in the space I have to work with
If I keep with the idea of splits in the front, and only run a sub in the back will the passengers in the rear still get good sound?? ( this is why I was first thinking of rear speakers)
And if I can’t fit a sub what options do I have to get good sound and bass in the back???
Thanks again
Daniel
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
maybe I am just a silly midwesterner but I will need to look up what this so called UTE is....im not familiar with them. haha

LOL as well. Reminds me of  "My Cousin Vinny".

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Daniel:
Try things without speakers in back. Forbidden will probably have the opposite opinion. But you can always add speakers to the rear latter, right?
I would really try to fit a sub. Alternatives simply can't achieve the same bandwidth (easily).
As for the amp. Try this:
http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/xa4000.html
Digital, so you don't have to worry much about upgrading "the big three" right off the bat.
To start out, use the first two channels for your front "splits." Use the second two channels, bridged, to your subwoofers. I also like that this amplifier has very flexible crossovers, so you're set even if your head unit does not have many options. It is pricey, but buy it under warranty and you'll likely never need or want to buy another amplifier.
Good luck!
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
the toad 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply Kfr01
Looks like that is the way I am going
Well this is what I got so far.
I went with the Alpine CDA-9853 ( I like the Alpine gear and I am used to the systems, besides I got it at a price that I just couldn't say no.)
MB Quart RCE-216 6.5" ( fitted in the coaxial option for ease of install)
Amp and sub are put on hold ( the wife found out what I'm doing so just laying low at the moment)
However still looking at a shallow mount sub, high on the list is the Earthquake SWS due to the total lack of space I have to work with the Pioneer and some others I have looked at are still to large.
Now for some more stupid Questions from me.
It was suggested to me that since I am only using front speakers chanels, I should wire my Splits using the 4 channels of the head unit, the woofers to the rear channels and the Tweeter to the front channels. Giving me the option of fading the Tweeter in and out with more ease.
Is this a good option and if so are there any great advantages to do this. And when I get my amp do I then need to look at a 6 channel 2x woofer 2x tweeter and then 2 bridged for sub?
Cheers
Daniel
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  

Nope, just run the components normally. The crossovers have a built in attenuation circuit on them to adjust the levels if things are too bright in relation to the woofer. Wait and buy the XA4000 (putting one in a boat right now (literally at 12:30am)), you can't miss with an amp like this. You can tell the wife it is part of the speaker package.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
And yes my opinions are usually different. Advice required for a newbie - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic