1995 Toyota carina alarm/ door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kiwiguydan 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2006 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hi.

I am trying to find out what locking system my 4 door Toyota Carina ED has so I can install a car alarm. Perhaps someone could tell me from the info I have found below from testing my wires. Also what are all the extra wires in the driver door that go to the lock because I am excluding the two window wires in my list below. I have not been able to find a wiring diagram anywhere telling me what each colour is for my car. I want to find the lock and unlock wires to tap into for the alarm. I have read the stuff on the site but confused myself.

Driver door wires: 

blue/white (-)    GREEN / WHITE (-)    blue/red  (-)   blue (+)   light green (+)  WHITE/ black (-) x2 (ground?) 

Front passenger door wires:

blue/white (-)    blue/orange (-)  blue/red  (-)  WHITE/ black (-)

Blue/white and blue/red go to all doors in the car. Blue/orange goes to all doors except driver door. GREEN / WHITE goes to driver door only.

Below are some of my DMM test results from today. positive wires are readings with + probe in appropriate wire of central locking module (to left of my right hand drive car's steering wheel) and - probe grounded to chassis. Negative wires are readings with + probe in my 12V constant and - probe in central locking module to the appropriate wire colour. Then i recorded what happened when I locked and unlocked the car with the key.

blue/white (-) unlock = 12v lock = 0v  GREEN / WHITE (-) unlock = 12v lock = 0v

blue/red (-) unlock=12v lock=12v    blue/orange (-) unlock=12v lock=0v

light green (+) unlock=12v lock= 0v    blue (+) unlock=0v lock=12v

WHITE/ black (-) unlock=12v lock=12v

If someone could tell me what sort of locking system this is and what wires are unlock and lock to go to my alarm from the info above I would be grateful. Or any other info for a newbie.

Thankyou kindly,   Dan.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
We dont got toyota carina in america, so imma try to help you out the best way i can
Toyota lock and unlock are usually neg.
From what you metered, i cant really tell if those wire acutally open all the doors. Usually there is a lock wire that locks all the doors. (put red end of DMM to 12v source, black end to wire you suspect of beeing the lock wire; my guess is a blue wire with a colored striped)
For your unlock, if you cant find a wire that unlock all the doors you might have to use two wires that will unlock driver and passenger doors. Test your wire, then diode isolate the two wires. (have the non-band side pointing towards the two unlock wire.)
kiwiguydan 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Yea there's not many Carinas in NZ either.

Thanks for the above dude.   Dan.

mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
It should have a locking switch in the door, check wiring there they both should be negative triggers.  Not sure of the colours haven't done one since I left NZ.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
The carina ed is a -pulse door lock system pick the wires in drivers door kick panel,usually in the blue plug leading into drivers door .use a test light and test the wires they will pulse .Usualy blue and white and blue yellow or possibly greenwite blk hope this helps.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic