the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI’s Snakepit Training School

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

Its probally a really nice school, same as mobile dynamics,installer institute,etc...but I can say and most will agree, the best training you can have,and from a hiring point is experience...the schools help alot, and can get you a little more money, but you cant beat in car time and knowlege.

rtfm
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Definately agree, I am just going to use the schools to cheat to learn a few topics a little easier.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
sanity 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

I went to IIT Audio, I knew quite abit about car audio befor I went. But they way they helped everyone learn who didnt know amazed me. They keep the class sizes small so they can offer anything they can. The owner Chris Cooper would get upset if we didnt ask questions. No question was a stupid 1. Our first week covered basic electronics , relays and ohms laws and what not and then that friday we had a 150 question quiz about what we learned to get our cert's. Out of the 150 you were only allowed to miss 4 I think. The next week consisted of Alarms which was taugh by Jason (cant remeber his last name) But he was a winner in 2003 for the 72 audio challange. The next week went onto box building, the first day we were in class we learned the calculations then the next day we went to the shop to build a sealed box. The next day class again on ported calculations then went to the shop the next day and built. Also had tests at the end of every week.. last week is the mecp.

Theres alot more to it and the advise they give is great.. They are able to get you deals on speakers, amps, video and what not.. But only audio they use is MMATS, the owner has 4 15's in his yukon.

The housing is good 2 rooms ac 2ppl to a room walk in closet bathrooms for both. washer and dryer free. and on fridays mades come into vacume and wash the counters and bathrooms ect. they have a 24hr workout room  2 pools 1 smaller 4-5ft deep and 1 at 6 1/2 deep.

Theres stores close by and food.....

Also if at anytime you need them you can call.. and if you feel that anytime you need to relearn any of it you can go back and do it all again for free, only cost to u is housing and food..

I had a good time and learned alot  check em out www.IITAudio.com

sry for the long post

sanity 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
O btw its in florida 10 mins from a cpl great bars www.anythinggoesatmakos.com and 45 mins or so from daytona beach.. attended the tuner bash while I was there.. Great Time!!
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Man, do not apologize for the informative post. I appreciate all the detail, it helps with the decision making.
Glad you had fun, I will look into their website.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
sanity 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Np. I just seen some posts lastnight about people downing the school. I can't say they are wrong for not liking it or just making it up. I just speak what I went through and I had a great time, and learned alot in a short ammount of time. Any questions about the school I can try and answer for you.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
i went to mobile tech training. the school was excellent. the instructors were in the business for years and love it.
http://www.mobiletechtraining.com/
sanity 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah one of the guys that attended with me just got accepted by Tweeter. When I get time I'll post a cpl pic's of his ride
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic