< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crxratedr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
96 Honda Civic DX
Viper 600 ESP alarm
*professionally installed
I had an alarm installed along with power door locks. One would think that a door lock conversion would come with a switch but I guess not. I want to be able to lock and unlock the doors from the inside, without using the remote or activating the alarm. I dont want to lean over to unlock or lock the doors.
Can I just run a momentary switch to one of the 2 wires coming from the power door lock actuator? Or is it more complicated than that? My main concern is the alarm. I dont want to mess that up. It is programmed for ignition controlled locks (locking the doors when the ignition is on, and unlocking when the ignition is off).
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
Well, almost all the time, alarm installers just add actuators. Because i know i do. Because i dont know where to get switches and i dont even got a dremel tool. But aside from that, the installer used the 451m to wire up your actuators.
I dont know what you mean by running 2 wire to actuators.
But if you do add a switch, i assume you would send a pulse to the 451m. it would be a thin wire on the 451m (blue for unlock and green for lock)
Do you have your switch? because this way will only lock and unlock ALL your dooors.
A door lock switch has a ground to it, and when you press it forward, you send that ground to the lock wire, and pressing it back will send ground to the unlock. Thus locking and unlocking all the doors, respectively.
Get your switch and wire it to the 451m. (if you dont find a 451m, it will be 2 relays wired together) look under the dash, shouldnt be to hard to find the 451m
Hope that helps
PS, if you dont have switches, go to a junkyard and buy some and cut them out or buy the actual door panel and use the wires attached to the switches
crxratedr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what a 451m is. And I didn't install the alarm. I read the manual on this site but couldn't really figure it out. I don't want to mess up the alarm. I beleive their are relays and what not, but Im not too sure. I am not a professional electrician or anything like that. And the 2 wires coming off of the actuator are green and blue. I know that makes it lock and unlock. But I want to be able to add a switch to lock and unlock the doors without messing up the alarm and its functions.
captainzab 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
follow the 2 wires from the actuators to where it meets with the alarm. 451m is the door lock module controlling the actuators. (Possibly the installer could have used 2 relays)
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp
if so, the relay set up looks like this ^^^^^
i dont think that adding the switched will hurt the alarm.
if possible, i say get your switches, mount them, run the wires into the dash of the car, then take it somewhere and ask them to hook it up for you. print this conversation out so that they know EXACTLY how to wire it up.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Find the alarm braind and locate a small, three pin harness plugged in to it.  The wires will be blue, red, green and the header should be white.  If you apply a momentary (-) to the green wire the doors will unlock, if you apply a (-) pulse to the blue wire they will lock.

I wouldn't recomend using an OEM door lock switch, as most OEM switches are 5 wire setups (both acutator wires rest at ground and the OEM swtich breaks that ground on ONE wire and applies 12vdc to it).

Kevin Pierson
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
in above post "alarm braind" = alarm brain!
Kevin Pierson
crxratedr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
In the alarm guide, there are 2 relays, one for lock and the other for unlock. If the car has OEM power door locks with a switch(with its own relay) its wired one way. And if the installer add actuators for power door locks, its wired a different way. I have a OEM door lock switch that mounts to the drivers door. It has 3 prong things. Non-illuminated. The middle one is a ground. And the other 2 are lock and unlock. I am told. Maybe you guys can check out the wiring diagram for the Viper 600 ESP alarm on this site.
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

crxratedr wrote:
In the alarm guide, there are 2 relays, one for lock and the other for unlock. If the car has OEM power door locks with a switch(with its own relay) its wired one way. And if the installer add actuators for power door locks, its wired a different way. I have a OEM door lock switch that mounts to the drivers door. It has 3 prong things. Non-illuminated. The middle one is a ground. And the other 2 are lock and unlock. I am told. Maybe you guys can check out the wiring diagram for the Viper 600 ESP alarm on this site.

should be easy then, ground the middle wire. then run the other 2 to the thin guage blue and green wires coming from the alarm

captainzab 
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/Viper%20600%20ESP.pdf
My bad, i never looked at the 600 brain,
the info about the relay and 451m is wrong, and kpierson didnt even catch it Adding a power door lock switch -- posted image.
I am so sorry dude, lesson to learn, open the file on all alarm module to make sure you know what you are talking about
Well, GREEN/ Black is the lock and Blue/Black is unlock.
Your right about the 3 prong and how the middle one is ground. Great, now the other 2 prong are used to pulse a relay to control the actuators.
The problem is, you cant use the alarm relay set up because its apart of the brain. (H2 harness)
The only way now is to wire up 2 relays, exactly like this
well, after you wire this relay up, you have your 2 other prong from the switch. pulse the 86 green wire and 85 dark blue wire (according to the diagram from the link)
like, when you press the button forward, it locks your actuators while you press it back it unlocks the actuators.
You can wire the "to actuators" wire (according to diagram)to the actuator wire that the alarm is connected to.
Hope i made that clear enough for you to understand
crxratedr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
Umm, which relay setup are you talkin about? The Actuators/Reverse Polarity or the 5 wire alternating one?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic