icon

Deep deep bass sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
No disrespect to anyone here who may work at a place like that (Circuit City, Best Buy, etc...) I don't have too much respect for those type of installers. They are limited in what the company will let them do.
On the other hand, you have real professional innstallers who can do almost anything in car audio, but they took a job there to bring in income while they look for something better.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Kicker=No Sound Quality. Because sound is Round! ha jk. But at the price point your looking at you got it right. The Type X, Eclipse, and dont forget the JL w6 (great SQ sub). all in the same relative price range. either way you go your doing alright! And to answer someones question about the JBL GTO subs. They arent half bad for the prices they are at. but for a few bucks more you can get something alot better.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
400 watts RMS is no where near the power an "X" series Alpine needs. I'm not a dealer for them, but I've heard "Hams" eclipse 12" and it sounds pretty darn good.Like a lot of people have said here, go listen to some JLs before you make up your mind.
There is no such thing as free installation!
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

first off thanx for everyone who is replying. The post is on its 4th page and im geting reat ideas and advice....i really really appreciate it. okay back to business.....

The CC guy told me that kicker hits harder and pumps longer then kicker so i knew he knew doodie about what he was talking about and as for the installers yes they are very limited on what they can do..very limited!

As for listening to the subs before i buy them.. i tried.. i was out for 8 hours looking at over 30 stores and none of them had either the exclipses titanium or the x type. and if they did they had no setup that i can listen to them. The only place that had them hooked up and where i can listen they said someone came in and fried there boards so nothing works blah blah... the only place i can try now is best tire. They are the only professional experience place around here. and they are kinda pricey from what i been told but if im going to spend $300 on 1 sub i think its worth the extra money, One thing i learned is you get what you pay for in car audio so yeah....anyone know best tire? know what they have like setup and stuff?

thanx again for all the replies!

I guess that guy has subs.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Unless you plan on auditioning the sub in the correct box and in your vehicle, you might as well go audition gear in stores until the cows come home. Some of us with hands on pratical experience have recommended some great gear for you. Some of us are retailers and draw upon our years of experience for a highly predictable outcome for the paying customer. Choose wisely amongst the recommendations that you have been given or shown.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
When exactly DO the cows come home?lol
There is no such thing as free installation!
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

Correct me if I'm off base...but with subs, I would take the advise given here pretty much to the bank. If you were looking at components or full range stuff, that is where subjectiveness comes more into play, and your own personal opinion is going to make more of a difference. Though I would still take what they have to say to heart.

...and as always, enclosure, enclosure, enclosure!

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

okay guys here we are.. I think i have it all set to start ordering my stuff except for the amp.

Head unit

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9IWpGP7K7T1/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=113KDCX990

Speakers

2 ( http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-332&ctab=10#Tabs)

Subs

1 ( http://gamespy.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/masterid=2439346/id_type=M/)

Im going to put it into a sealed box that im going to make myself

now heres were u guys come in...since im running speakers that are 8ohms and a sub that is 4 ohm, which is the best amp to get? Im guessing a 2/3/4 amp no? im looking for about 100-150watts on the speakes each and about 400-600 watts on the sub. Is this possible with 1 amp? should i get to amps? The price isnt really a factor cause im tired of buying cheap doodie that lasts for 6 months and car audio guys laugh at it and street friends think its the greatest..screw that anyways the price and the quantity of how many amps i need isnt really a factor.  last but not least.. How to i wire it? it sounds like it might be a big question.. im not going to wire them im goig to have a professional do it but im just asking so i kno what to tell the guy =)

I guess that guy has subs.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine MRD-1005 will do fine for that sub...as for the speakers...any good two channel that puts out around 200 at 4 ohms is fine.
That sub is pretty power hungry but you'll be able to get away with about 500 real watts if you have to.
Tired...peace out
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic