icon

Remote start on an R1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigfoot286 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone done a remote start on a motorcycle? i am gonna do an alarm on my friends bike and was thinking of doing a remote start, he has a nutrul safty switch so i reall dont see and reason why i cant but was just looking for some input.
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
well i know if i dont do it he will get some one else to and i know i will do it right and dont trust any one else to do it for him. my best friend here. but i was going to do shock sensors and any time one gets triped cut the starter so if it moves it should shut off and i do mercury switchs so that if it is tiped the same thing. and i am trying to think of at lest one more saftey to use. and il prolly use a viper 791xv or the 771 i think?
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
i think there is a seperate RS system for motorcycle. do some research. cant use regular car alarm remote starter for bike, but nice try
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
why not it should work.
dakkh 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, i had a big a55 streetbike before (kawasaki zrx 1200 r) and i would never consider putting a remote start on it.. u will wreck the 5hit out of it.

think about it, 4 pistons going 600-1200 rpm, no cooling effect because the bike aint movin and no air = overheating = motor damage

use common sense guys cmon

dkh
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
dakkh wrote:

Ok, i had a big a55 streetbike before (kawasaki zrx 1200 r) and i would never consider putting a remote start on it.. u will wreck the 5hit out of it.

think about it, 4 pistons going 600-1200 rpm, no cooling effect because the bike aint movin and no air = overheating = motor damage

use common sense guys cmon

but you do have to let a bike warm up and as fr asi know it has a cooling fan. do you always start your bike and start riding emidetly? no so as long as it is not going to long it should be fine. i could set it to run for 10 minutes? mabey less. and why will it wreck it has a nutrul safty swich and i would use that and also i was gonna use a merc switch so it will go of if tiped and was also going to make that cut the remote start. just trying to think of one more saftey
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
well what i finaly came up with is i am going to do the merc switch and shock sensor, bothe for alarm triggers and to cut the remote start. also for the door pin(manly for programing puproses) i will go to the clutch handle. now i am not sure if it has a swith of some sort or if i will have to make one of my own. i am trying to talk my friend in to a dule zone sensor but he is a lil cheap so not sure if i can. also i am going to hock up his leds he has as the parking break flash. my last idea is a closed loop sensor, i have not used one yet, so has any one hear? are they good or to much hassle. figured he could put it through the rim so if it moves forward or back it will go off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic