89-93 240SX Interior

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aftercrash 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

Velocity Motors wrote:
The enclosure size will vary in accordance to the optimum volume required by the subwoofers that you choose. Don't try to make the enclosure size fit the vehicle as this will make the subwoofer sound like crap if in the end the enclosure is too small or too big. You can cheat by filling it with Dacron filler if it's too small or add to the enclosure if it's too large, but plan ahead and you won't need to do either.

Also to piggy back on this.. you could always get a free air sub but the draw back is you may not get the db's you want

th3c3z 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I actualy do have a question, more-so a favor...
if you're fiberglassing your interior, let me see the molding from top,bottom, etc. I wanna redo the dash and stuff for my 240 when i get it, so it would be nice to know what im doing before i do it :P
aftercrash 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

Well we can go step bu step...but it's not as involved as you may think it is.. if it helps I imagine what I want my finish prduct to look like then I work backward...mentally going over finishing, priming, sanding, glassing, fabric stretching, skeleton, and taping... in that order. If you send me an email to helbrngr@yahoo.com I'll send you some pics of how i get started ....

aftercrash 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Some of my current and finished work...
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Good to see you have made it over. Good job again on the 240SX.
We are a give and take forum, and we love doing both. Giving advice to anyone who needs help, direction etc.. And, everyone hear loves learning, even the gurus are still learning.
Look around, make yourself comfortable, lol.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
ridin4jesus 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
hey very nice work, i was wondering if you could email me some picks of how you did the fiberglass on the sides of your car, i used to have a 240 but a lady in a camaro decided to total my car while i was in it. Anyway, i'm working with a 98 civic now and have had ideas like that for some time, just dont know how to go about doing it
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
what kinda power are you going to be expecting from your 240, my friend has a 240 with something like 280 hp
97 F150, Sony CDX-M630, Sony XM-2165GTX, JL Audio 12W3D2, Planet Audio VX-602, Memphis 15-MC5.7
Yeah it's a mutt, but mutts make the best dogs!
aftercrash 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well if this question is  for me...I am just going to get the factor numbers from my rb25 swap for the time being...and when you take into consideration the weight of my glass work and interior it'll probably drop a bit, but come income tax season...I'll look into a larger turbo and some engine work. Right now I am saving for the rhd swap I want to do ....
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Good job AfterCrash!  Its good to know that even someone that doesnt consider theirselves as a pro would jump in and do the job you did..WITH A DAILY DRIVER!?

Welcome to the12volt.com forum!

aftercrash 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanx... I am still getting   my money together for a rhd swap... but right now I am being told that my rb swap is putting 323hp to the rear wheels

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic