icon

autopage rs-860lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
terminator69 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys I just installed rs-860lcd autopage alarm in a 97 talon. my question is can we use a directed dual zone motion sensor (508d) with the autopage system? if we can how do we integrate the wiring? Thanks in advance for your time.
Fullthrottle 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yep.
Diode isolated splices into the shock senosr green and blue trigger wires and the ground for the Prox sensor is hooked to the GWA from the alarm. 12 volt directly to a constant source.
terminator69 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Fullthrottle thanks for the reply. what value of diode should I use? or does it matter. I have never used a diode

splice befor but it can't be to difficult as long as I put the diode in right. Aren't they directional and which end is which. sorry for sounding so green, I hate to make dumb mistakes when I am doing somthing simple like this. Maybe there is a site that can explain diodes to me easily. I know I can get this thing to work properly once I get the details. Also does this sensor have to be out in the open or can we install it under an interior panel?

Thanks again

Fullthrottle 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
No worries.
1 amp diode ought to do just the trick - 1N4001 at RadioShack.
https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp
All you need to know about diodes!
Follow the diagram for the ISOLATED DOOR TRIGGERS for the warn away and the full alarm (green and blue) wires from the radar sensor to the shock sensor harness.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic