icon

Rani's System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anmoldagreat 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I finally feel it is time to upgrade my overall ICE so I wont be so embarrased at car shows and actually show my team that I deserve to be on it.
This is my current system..nothing too special except for the bass which i love and already have a custom fiberglassed enclosure for in my trunk which looks great
Rani's System -- posted image.
Its a pioneer pioneer deh-p6500
2 JL 12w6s powered by 2 JL 500/1s
The speakers are Infinity reference 6012i
then a everready-off-the-shelf battery, memphis audio distribution block, creative zen vision m that is connected to a headphone jack-rca-ipbus, a 200amp fuse, and a 4guage wiring kit
So in my eyes, everything sucks other than my subs/amps which i love and will not likely upgrade for a while, and all the lil things that i did not provide links to.
Ok, so now its time to overhaul the rest of the system. This is what I have come up with (w/some help from CarTunez and several forums)
well...its the same sub setup obviously
the hu is an alpine cda-7998
the equalizer is an alpine pxa-h700
the screen is an alpine cva-1004
an optima
yellow top battery
the front components are powebass s-6s powered by a powerbass asa 200.2
and the rest is a modded xbox/media center, inverter w/game port, and the rest of the stuff from my current setup
so basically thats what im shooting for
looking for opinions, advice, tips/tricks, etc..
and i drive a 96 integra ls which has 3 single din spots (including one im making in the ashtray/cig lighter tray)
and yes, i dont think i want any rear fill even though ive heard the infinity references are good for that
and i know that the hu i picked out has no internal amp
and incase you're wondering it'll be hu-equalizer-screen from top to bottom
and i do later plan on buying a gps module for the cva-1004 but thatll be at a later date
and the screen will be used only for the xbox (not tuner capibilites or even using it as the screen for cds)
and yes, i do plan on hardwiring my vision m through a carcharger
and i do later plan on installing sound-deadening but only in the trunk and doorpanels most likely
and no, i have absolutely no vibrating currently
and yes, this is the very first wiring diagram ive ever put together and i know it looks ghetto
and yes, the deals on the powerbass items are great
and yes, i will also be upgrading the "big 3"
and yes, i am still a newb to the audio scene but i feel this system should be great for my goals (daily driver with amazing sq...maybe even an sq competion down the line)
and i am getting all of this pro installed because I feel safer that way and I am very good friends with the manager of Cartunez which is the local car sound shop and they do great work
um yeh i guess that's everything so let me know what you all think of this
thanks
the ICE guy of ::Project MR::
96 Integra LS : 2xJL12w6 : 2xJL500/1 : Pioneer HU : Infinity Coaxials : Full Overhaul in Progress
anmoldagreat 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
well i guess it doesnt matter because i wont be using those infinitys anyways
and the indash screen will be for the xbox only because it doesnt have a cd player and i dont want to be using my xbox(located in trunk) to play cds on and because my hu is just a much much better hu overall the headunit will be controlling everything basically so why would i want to use the screen which isnt up to standard imo
96 Integra LS : 2xJL12w6 : 2xJL500/1 : Pioneer HU : Infinity Coaxials : Full Overhaul in Progress
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
sounds alright to me. My only question is why are you possibly wasting money on an eqq that you might not even need?
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
No offence intended dude, but it looks like a nightmare on elm street to me. What you are trying to do can be accomplished by one single device. A good dvd / lcd head unit. All those pieces in the dash are going to be a breeding ground for noise and dimished signal output. If your open to options, by all means I'll give you some. If you want to go the way you are looking above, best of luck to you with your system. I'm sure it can be made to co-operate and perform to a respectable level.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
anmoldagreat 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
hmm ok
so basically before i started planning my system i really wanted an avicd1 but then thought they cost too much and id go over my budget...but since then my budget has clearly raised and those 3 units will out cost the d1 by a large margin
and another reason i wanted to use the 3 units is because i thought it would look really cool which it would but i guess using a avicd1 unit would be much more practical and get the whole job done
*i already searched but does anyone know how well the d1 does tuning or would you reccomend still getting some type of equalizer
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
yeah sure looks like alot of wiring and possible nightmares. I just need to mention that I LOVE THAT MP3 player! Its the best mp3 player i have ever seen, I have all sorts of music and video and pictures on mine. Did you think about hooking the mp3 player video output to get it so the vision:m to play video on your monitor as well, because if you bought ean extra slot harness for it you could have it do video audio, and even charge :) that would be a pretty cool idea.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2006 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

actually i have done that almost same exact setup in a 96 honda accord. i had the cva1003 along with a CDA7897(same unit, no graphics and an internal amp). worked perfectly. the reason i did it like that is because i was 16 and always wanted a flipout at the time. and endedup getting the headunit and then found the flipout hella cheap 6 months later. So i made the two work i did the screen for video and used the h/u for sound. and never ran into a problem. the only problem i ran into with the install was when the cda7897 folds out it would hit the shifter so i had to get a new one but after that it was great. my question is where do you plan on getting that stuff because most of it hasnt been made for a while atleast the alpine stuff hasnt....

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
anmoldagreat 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
never thought of hooking it up that way kirk..maybe ill try to figure that one out
and i was planning on finding the old school items on ebay or a craigslist...youd be surprised what you can find on there
anmoldagreat 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
EDIT: so after i first posted this ive bounced around about a dozen different ideas and after serious thought of what i want, what i need, and, of course, what i can afford ive come up with this conclusion
im going to stick with the Alpine CDA-7998 and because that unit already has great eq customization, the 4v preouts, the look i wanted, and the price that i can afford
I am not, however, going to get the seperate equalizer at this junction because i feel it may be overkill, and i just dont think ill be able to afford it as well
And as for the screen i am going to buy this headrest monitor and custom fit in my dash in the top2 din spots (the alpine will be in the ashtray din spot; the alpine also has different angles built in so thatll be easy to get to)
I feel this setup will be best for me, my goals, and my purposes
im sorry that ive bounced around so much but it is the most important part of a system and the options available are so wide
and advice or comments about my planned system will be welcome
and the latest wiring diagram (yes i went back to the original battery because i think it can handle it)
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
I know an everready wont handle 2 1000/1's period unless you have a insane alternator setup......care to elaborate how that eveready is going to handle everything.......I dont see a good alternator anywhere on that diagram...and all that equipment will be deamed usless without the current and voltage it will require
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic