Viper 791XV and dei 530t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cal2vin 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Toyota Tundra 2003 access cab
1.On the directed website it lists horn honk as a feature of the 791xv. How do you do that remotely?
2.My installed hooked up my 530t window module so that I can hold the aux button for 1.5 sec to vent and 4.5 to roll down. My question is how do I roll them up? The only way I can do it is to arm the system which is pointless to have to unlock then relock it to have the windows roll up.
3. How can I change all of the programable option that the manual mentions such as run time and parking light flash or steady when remote started. 4.Comfort closure is the option that allows arming the system to roll the windows up. If comfort closure is toggled off then how would I go about rolling up my windows.
5. I'm not too sure about this one but it seems like whenever i remote start the truck and get in a few minutes later, the drivers side feet area is hot like a heater has been on. I thought I might have messed up something with climate control maybe
Any help is appreciated
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
1. You might have the older 791xv where you dont have horn honk or channel six. But if you do, you need to hook up that wire (it can be programmed to honk with arm/disarm or when it is fully triggered)
2. Only roll up with ground when armed. I not sure, but if you have an extra AUX channel, you could use that to connect it to the orange wire of the 530T (change it to a timed 30sec).
3. Read the programming of the book, self explainitary.
4. Not sure myself.
5. not sure about this. Try sitting in the truck and RS
cal2vin 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
They better not have given me the older one. I paid the full retail price. It doesnt say in the manual how to change those options. It just says they are programable options. How do I change them?
cal2vin 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
I just checked the manual I do have a channel six output. All of my aux outputs are open. I would really like to have window roll up other than arming it. Would it be easy to do because my installer is about an hour away and gas is three dollars a gallon?
Thanx in advance
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
easy! open your dash, find the brain (trace the LED back to brain)
Find the aux wire you want to roll them up (your preference in the way you want to press the remote to make it go up) i usually have lock and aux (dont know what channel) and unlock and aux to go down.
Extend that wire to the 530T, it should be in the kick panel or around there. Disconnect the orange wire from the alarm (this was the ground when armed) and connect your aux channel wire to the orange wire of the 530T.
Change the programming to timed 30sec.
Now your done
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
1.On the directed website it lists horn honk as a feature of the 791xv. How do you do that remotely?
The wire may not have been hooked up, or you may have an older model.
When hooked up, there are two programming options you can choose from. Honk when arming and disarming as well as when the alarm is triggered, or only honk when the alarm is triggered.
2. My installer hooked up my 530t window module so that I can hold the aux button for 1.5 sec to vent and 4.5 to roll down. My question is how do I roll them up? The only way I can do it is to arm the system which is pointless to have to unlock then relock it to have the windows roll up.
If you want them to roll up everytime you arm the alarm, you have to keep it the way it is. If you want to do it manually, the above poster described how to do it.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but if you hold the AUX button for 1.5 seconds, and then arm the alarm immediately after....the windows won't roll up.
3. How can I change all of the programable option that the manual mentions such as run time and parking light flash or steady when remote started.
Its in the INSTALL manual....bottom of this page:
https://www.the12volt.com/downloads/downloads.asp?catid=40&page_no=6
4.Comfort closure is the option that allows arming the system to roll the windows up. If comfort closure is toggled off then how would I go about rolling up my windows.
Comfort closure is probably already OFF. That is a feature to roll up the windows on some cars. They mostly include European cars, as well as Nissans and the new Accord. It holds ground on the lock wire for 20 seconds after arming.
5. I'm not too sure about this one but it seems like whenever i remote start the truck and get in a few minutes later, the drivers side feet area is hot like a heater has been on. I thought I might have messed up something with climate control maybe
Ahh....need more info here....hopefully nothing is on fire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic