icon

Shock Sensor going crazy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
By any chance is the problem sensor mounted close to the transmitter antenna? Possibly the transmission from the prewarn is triggering the sensor and sending it into full alarm, as they tend to be sensitive to RFI.
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
glantern83 wrote:
Mounting the sensors verticaly fine... what I usually do is lighhtly ziptie them to a wire harness in the vehicle... just make sure that the sensor could move....
-KITT
I did tie all mysensors with two zipties, very tightly but not to a wire harness. I tied them to a metal part of the frame. Is that not the way? I thought the sensor was not supposed to move. I thought shock sensors were supposed to 'feel' anything happening to the vehicle and the best place was the metal frame. Correct me if I am wrong.
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
They are quite close, but not too close. There is about 12 inches distance between the antenna and sensors.
Also this whole thing worked perfectly for more than a year just the way it is. Suddenly, this problem sprang up and manifested continuously almost every hour or so. I am convinced it is a bad sensor and purchased a DEI 504D sensor, but i see only 1 pot to control the sensitivity of both zones. I am not sure how I can control the two zones with one control. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
With DEI they tell you not to ziptie them tightly just zip them to a wire harness... if there ziptide to tight it xcausers problems... as for being to close to the antenna I really dont know if that would cause much of a problem... The antenna is shielded....
-KITT
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
plug it back in and turn the controls counterclockwise all the way down. plug it back in and see what happens.
I can eat fifty eggs
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
gregory863 wrote:
plug it back in and turn the controls counterclockwise all the way down. plug it back in and see what happens.
I've already done that and it wasnt triggering anymore. Even a 1 degree clockwise turn of the full sensor causes it to be fire off when the prewarn fires off.   So I concluded that the sensor is bad and purchased this DEI sensor, however what I need now is just to know if/how I can control the two zones with just one screw to adjust.   The box came without any papers inside explaining how to use one pot to adjust both zones. If someone could help me with that, it would be great. Thanks as always.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic