icon

power door locks in 06 kia rio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

I am attempting to install power door lock actuators into a 2006 Kia Rio5.  the small little hatchback car. 

First, I cannot even get the manual window crank off. I am using a special tool to remove, but I cannot even tell if there is a horseshoe clip.thats how much I room I have to work with before I demolish the door panel. 

Second, from what I can see with the door panel dangling there, the lock/unlock mechanism appears to be a cable as oppose to a traditional metal rod. Can actuators even be installed on these cars that have a cable instead of a metal rod??? any suggestions would be appreciated. 

David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

when you finally get the door panal off, you'll want to look at the lock mechanism itself, OR the tab on the handl that you flip with you fingers (the part behind the handle) to see if there is enough room for a hole for the rod. Those cable set-ups require some REAL thiking.

gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
same thing here on my 06 titan. it uses a cable system. but they sell a special adapter for it, but requires you to shave some of the cable housing off. i paid 15.00 bucks for it locally. couldnt find them cheaper on ebay.
gcorrea
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
check out www.a1electric.com
gcorrea

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic