icon

2006 BMW m3 brake wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wickedflava1234 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

has anyone installed a remote start on an 2006 bmw m3 with smg transmission?

I'm currently installing a python 881xp and in order to start the car you must press the brake while cranking...

I've found a diagram on direct techs explaing how to wire up the brake wires using 2 relays and a wait to start  relay for f1 style transmissions.... the problem is that 2 for these wires do not corespond and I'm left over with one extra wire (the brown brake wire from the actual remote start)

if anyone has ever done one of these or has any info regarding this

I'd be much obliged

glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
The brake wire from the remote start must be hooked up to the actual brake wire ... THis is a saftey to deactivate the system and should not harm anything your doing to get your car to start...
-KITT
from the manual:
H3/3 BROWN (+) brake switch input, zone 1
This wire MUST be connected to the vehicle's brake light wire. This is the wire that shows (+) 12V when the brake
pedal is depressed. The remote start will be disabled or shut down any time the brake pedal is depressed. This
wire will also trigger the security system if the brake pedal is pressed while the system is armed and will report
Zone 1.
Wickedflava1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

thank you....

yes I understand that the brake wire needs to be hooked up... thus the reason for my post, plus I also understand how a brake wire works and all the other wires for a alarm/ remote start for that matter. but my actuall problem is this... there are 4 wires coming from the actual brake wire ALL 4 of these wires are being used to satisfy the relays and wait to start relay wires per DEi's diagram WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE BRAKE WIRE CONNECTION. I've contacted DEI and they were actually confussed when reveiwing their diagram, I;ve found in the past that sometimes I need to make numerous calls to actually find the right person with knowledge (I actually had to call them 5 times before anyone could even find this diagram for me) but I was hoping that someone here has installed a Remote start on a BMW M3 with SMG transmission and had some insight on this matter.

I'll post the diagram latter so someone can hopefully dicetthe problem

thanks for the help so far.

Wickedflava1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2006 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

DEI fax:

To get this vehicle that has the new FI style transmission to start you must press the brake in. The problem with that is that you need to use the 528T to open the brake wire so you can get brake control again. Then you must use two relays configured as follows: Relay #1: 85 - blue (Viper) or blue/orange (Clifford)

86 -12V-

87 -purple / YELLOW from brake switch

30 - blue/red from brake switch on car side

87 A - blue/red from brake switch on switch side

Relay #2: 85 - blue (Viper) or blue/orange (Clifford)

86 -12V-

87 - brown from the brake switch

30 - gray from brake switch on car side

87 A - gray from brake switch on switch side

528T

Configuration: BLACK/ white - blue (Viper) or blue/orange (Clifford)

red -12V+

black - ground

yellow - half of brake input wire: tan (Viper) or

blue/white (Clifford)

orange - other half of the brake input wire

Set the timer to about 5 seconds.

IMPORTANT: This wiring information is being provided free of charge on all "as is" basis. without my representation or warranty. It is the dealer's responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multi -meter. Directed Electronics Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case remains the responsibility of the installer.

* 2 problems I have with this are:

out of the 4 wire colors I have for my brake are,  purpule / YELLOW, blue/red, BROWN / black, BROWN / gray.

I do not have a soild brown or gray for my second relay.

and as for the 528t there is no connection fo the orange wire (i know brake wire but what does the brake wire connect to?) 

glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2006 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I Rewrote this fax to what I believe to be to true...I am not responsible if it is wrong or if it causes damage or harm to any person device, property or thing...
-KITT
DEI fax:
To get this vehicle that has the new FI style transmission to start you must press the brake in. The problem with that is that you need to use the 528T to open the brake wire so you can get brake control again. Then you must use two relays configured as follows:
Relay #1:
-----------
85 : blue (Python)
86 : (+)12volt constant
87 : purple / YELLOW from the brake switch side
30 : blue/red from the car side
87A : blue/red from the brake switch side
------------------------------------------------------------
Relay #2:
-----------
85 : blue (python)
86 : (+)12volt constant
87 : BROWN / black from the brake switch side
30 : BROWN / gray from brake switch on the car side
87A : BROWN / gray from brake switch on switch side
-----------------------------------------------------------
528T Configuration:
--------------------
BLACK/ white : blue (python)
    red     : (+)12volt constant
    black   : (-)ground
    yellow : brake input wire (python) [+]- Positive
    orange : brake input wire (python) [+]- Positive
Set the timer to about 5 seconds.
IMPORTANT: This wiring information is being provided free of charge on all "as is" basis. without my representation or warranty. It is the dealer's responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multi -meter. Directed Electronics Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case remains the responsibility of the installer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic