icon

2006 Envoy, XM, Bose, iPod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chezdigital 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, great site, TONS of helpful info!
I've searched all envoy threads, and none really pertained to my issue.
My Envoy XLT Enhanced has the in-dash CD changer with XM, though I don't have the XM service active. I've been looking for a way to plug in my iPod, as I'm not too fond of the FM modulators.
The guy at Circuit City told me that the Wire Tunes GMIP-01 would plug into the XM port in the back of my head unit.
I haven't seen the back of my head unit, and I'd like to confirm that the XM does not reside inside the head unit, and that there is a receiver the plugs into that back, and that I would be able to use its port to connect a device such as this.
Thanks for your time!
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Your headunit is XM ready. It has to be installed unless it was factory installed. At which point you would have gotten three months free with the option to extend when you bought the vehicle. If you do not have the XM antennae on the top of your vehicle it has not been installed, so yes you would have an XM port in the back of your unit.

chezdigital 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your response.
I did get the 3 free months when I first got it, but I do not have an antenna on the top of my vehicle.
Pluging those into your post, I'm still a bit unclear as to whether I should assume that, based on that, I have the port in the back of my head unit. If so, I'll unplug it and use it for my iPod.
Do you know where I might find a diagram or picture of the back of this head unit?
chezdigital 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmmm...can anyone confirm?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic